10-10-2018 04:37 PM
I have a Yoga 920 purhcased in Jan 2017 that seems to be dead.
Was working fine in the office but when I got home it wouldn't come out of sleep. I assumed maybe it turned itself off but I can't power it back on I tried pushing and holding down the power button but it doesn't seem to have any impact.
I tried plugging it in with two different power supplies but the light next to the lightning port doesn't turn on.
10-11-2018 12:12 AM
Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!
This happens when the system is not shut down or left to turn off on its own or sometimes when you leave the charger connected. Since you laptop is an electronic device that has components which stores electricity, let's perform a power drain to discharge excess electricity that may be stuck in the hardware components. Please follow these steps:
1. Disconnect all peripherals (if any), like USB devices, etc.
2. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds.
3. Unplug the charger.
4. If the battery is removable, remove it, otherwise, proceed to the next step.
5. Press and hold again the power button for another 10 seconds.
6. If you are able to remove the battery from step 4, reinstall the battery, otherwise, proceed to the next step.
7. Plug in the charger.
8. Press the power button to turn on.
If the issue persists, since another known working charger has been tested and still the same, we recommend calling our phone support for your repair options. You can check the contact details here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList (please enter the serial number and select your country). Let us know if you need additional help.