Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rainier
What's DOS?
Views: 1,140
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 920 Not Turning On

I have a Yoga 920 purhcased in Jan 2017 that seems to be dead.

Was working fine in the office but when I got home it wouldn't come out of sleep. I assumed maybe it turned itself off but I can't power it back on I tried pushing and holding down the power button but it doesn't seem to have any impact.

I tried plugging it in with two different power supplies but the light next to the lightning port doesn't turn on.

Any ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,086
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 920 Not Turning On

Hi Rainier!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!

This happens when the system is not shut down or left to turn off on its own or sometimes when you leave the charger connected. Since you laptop is an electronic device that has components which stores electricity, let's perform a power drain to discharge excess electricity that may be stuck in the hardware components. Please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all peripherals (if any), like USB devices, etc.
2. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds.
3. Unplug the charger.
4. If the battery is removable, remove it, otherwise, proceed to the next step.
5. Press and hold again the power button for another 10 seconds.
6. If you are able to remove the battery from step 4, reinstall the battery, otherwise, proceed to the next step.
7. Plug in the charger.
8. Press the power button to turn on.

If the issue persists, since another known working charger has been tested and still the same, we recommend calling our phone support for your repair options. You can check the contact details here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList (please enter the serial number and select your country). Let us know if you need additional help.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors