Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamehw
What's DOS?
Views: 921
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 Not changing to tablet mode when folded open after windows 10 update

Hi all, just got my Yoga 920. Tablet mode is not being sensed anymore after the default install of Windows 10 gets updated (possibly the anniversary update).. I formatted to confirm it was the update and yes, it was. Tablet mode is sensed perfectly before updating and when windows 10 updates it doesn't sense it anymore. Instead all i get is a locked touchpad. keyboard until i restart or suspend/ wakeup.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've reinstalled ymc.exe (Lenovo mode control) and that didn't do anything.

I'm actually suprised that no one else has encoutered this issue  on the 920 yet, so i made this thread...

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 872
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 Not changing to tablet mode when folded open after windows 10 update

Hi Jamehw and welcome to the community,

Try opening the notifications icon on the right side of the taskbar and see if rotation lock is on.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Teschi
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 Not changing to tablet mode when folded open after windows 10 update

I recently got mine back from the German service centre (thet was where I had to send it from the UK) and experienced the problem. I have reinstalled ymc and a whole bunch of other drivers and firmware. The problem occurs for me after some time on sleep (not sure how long but less than a few hours). An i2c hid device driver will die when the fault occurs.
I am in discussion with support since I just had a repair but they haven't given an answer yet and I guess they haven't seen it before either.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors