Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildta
Not applicable
Views: 1,352
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 920 - Power Button on Thunderbolt 3 Dock Not Working

I purchased the Thunderbolt 3 Dock with my Yoga 920 as it was listed as an accessory during my Yoga 920 purchase back in November.  I finally got around to setting it up and I can't seem to get the power button on the dock to turn on my laptop.  The button glows white when my laptop is plugged in (glows amber when my laptop is not plugged in) but the button will not turn the laptop on.  I have my power button option in Windows 10 control panel set to "when i press power button while plugged in, the laptop will go to sleep."  I've also changed that setting to "do nothing". So even while the laptop is connected to the dock via USB-C/thunderbolt and the laptop is on, when I push the power button on the dock, it doesn't put the laptop to sleep nor does it power on in either of those button settings--both options seem to have no effect whatsoever

Googling around, I see there is a newer dock called USB-C dock and it's listed as compatible with the 920 whereas as the Thunderbolt 3 Dock is not listed as compatible.  Could this be the issue?  

I also have thunderbolt software installed and it detects the dock in the software.  I've updated the dock to the most recent firmware.

I need some help please!

keywords: lenovo thinkpad broken not working function functioning broke on off thunder bolt how to defective software energy hub notebook note book think pad 

Highlighted
Turnitoff
Not applicable
Views: 1,312
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 920 - Power Button on Thunderbolt 3 Dock Not Working

Have the usb-c dock, no difference same issue. Even after downloading the drivers for the dock and updating the firmware on the dock, power button still refuses to budge, seems like when you edit power options and change settings for power button it only works for the yoga button, not sure how to get it to recognize the dock one.

wildta
Not applicable
Views: 1,293
Message 3 of 6

That's good to know that the issue is not just with my TB3 dock then... but the bad news is that it's a Yoga 920 issue that will probably never get addressed unless a lot of other people start complaining about this similar issue.  

Also, did you make sure your USB-C dock has the most recent firmware?  There's one from May 7.  Let me know if that fixes your issue.

USB-C dock firmware:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/acc100348

Turnitoff
Not applicable
Views: 1,281
Message 4 of 6

Yeah, no bueno my friend. We already got a replacement one as well and same issue.
wildta
Not applicable
Views: 1,266
Message 5 of 6

I wonder if there's even a way at all to turn on a laptop view USB dock for any computer. I'm used to the old Lenovo Thinkpad docks that have the dock port at the bottom which must have the ability to accept a power on signal from the dock.
wildta
Not applicable
Views: 590
Message 6 of 6

Just popping this thread up to the top to see if there are any fixes to this issue yet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors