Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

02-19-2018

Germany

14 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 920 | Power Issues (Booting, Sleeping, etc.)

2018-02-19, 7:42 AM

Hi!

I have some issues with my Yoga 920 regarding the power management.

First, it didn't go smoothly into sleep mode on inactivity. I am not fully sure what exactly happens, but I guess the device goes into sleep mode but can't be woken up (or, it just freezes while being inactive). To get it back running I had to keep the start button pushed for several seconds and on any time (looking randomly) it started to boot (Windows didn't load the last session). To prevent this annoying habit, I deactivated sleep mode and selected hibernating instead. This works most of the times quite good (it's starting fast and loads the session fully). Although, there are times when the Yoga won't start. I couldn't figure out on which situation this happens. In this case, the screen stays black (doesn't get any power) and just the keyboard lightning is shining bright for some seconds and after that it starts flickering followed by going dark again. After this, I have to hold the start button for many seconds and have to repeat to push the button. And after a while, voila, it starts again and even loads the last session. It seems, that it helps to connect the device to the power charger (although the Yoga has more than 50% remaining power). 

Any idea? 

I have installed all updates within the Lenovo Device App (I guess, it's called Companion?). 

Thanks,

Martin

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9008 Signins

170464 Page Views

• Views: 170464
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 920 | Power Issues (Booting, Sleeping, etc.)

2018-02-20, 11:29 AM

I'm guesing Windows updates are already been installed. As I faced the issue, one of the updates causes problem with Lenovo Power Management so basically this is the issue. At this point, I could suggest a restoration for previous state and turn off the Windows update for a while. Check if the issue persists, if it does the same thing, it may be a power/cord issue and you may need to contact support

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

https://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms