Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkyDreamer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 658
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 920 Screen Backlight Keys Delayed or Unresponsive

When I try to adjust screen brightness on my Lenovo 92013IKB using the keyboard keys, I see the slider pop-up and change, but the brightness does not change immediately, if at all. In some instances, the screen brightness will change a minute or two after I've adjusted the setting, but it should be immediate after hitting the keys - like it was when I first purchased the laptop a few weeks ago. And sometimes it doesn't ever respond.

I'm guessing some sort of update is interfering with the normal function of the screen backlight keys. I've uninstalled the display adapter driver (choosing the option to delete the files on uninstall), restarted and run windows update to reinstall the intel display drivers. This has not helped.

Oddly enough, if I use my internet browser and perform a two-finger scroll, the screen brightness will adjust towards what I set it to, incrementally with each scroll until it reaches the setting I set it to previously. Really odd.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 639
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 920 Screen Backlight Keys Delayed or Unresponsive

Hi SkyDreamer,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried adjusting the brightness manually instead of the hotkeys to see if it will change immediately. You've also mentioned that you reinstalled the graphics driver using Windows update. Can you try to install the driver that is uploaded on our support website. You can download it using the link below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-920-13IKB/download...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

SkyDreamer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 624
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled my graphics driver (deleted the files), restarted my device and then downloaded / installed from the link you provided. Unfortunately, these steps did not fix my issue.

The only thing that seems to help is if I restart my machine. Then the screen brightness settings work for a little while, before inevitably failing again.

Adjusting the screen brightness using the OS settings with the mouse did not resolve the issue. Same thing occurs. 

SkyDreamer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 596
Message 4 of 6

After a few more days of testing / observation, I notice that the screen backlight adjustment usually fails after extended periods of sleep. In other words, if the computer is left alone and goes into sleep mode, there's a significant chance that the brightness controls will not work until the computer is restarted.

jabo5
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 5 of 6

I am experiencing the exact same problem where my Yoga 920's backlight brightness is not changing when I press the keyboard keys to increase/decrease brightness.

Uninstalling and re-installing the Intel display driver (Intel Integrated GFX Driver, v23.20.16.4973) did not correct the problem.

One interesting side effect that I am noticing is that if I adjust the brightness either up or down using the keyboard keys, it is not until I scroll up/down on the trackpad that the brightness starts to adjust.

Hoping that a resolution to this problem can be found.

jabo5
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 6 of 6

FYI, this blog post fixed this issue for me:  https://zitseng.com/archives/17388

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors