Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
emiway
What's DOS?
Views: 97
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 920 Spill. Any help would be appreciated!!

A couple days ago, I accidentally spilled a very small amount of iced tea on my Yoga 920 keyboard while studying for an exam. I immediately wiped the keyboard off and shut the laptop down. I then stupidly decided to turn the laptop back on (before I learned this was a HUGE no-no), and the screen began spazzing out. So i shut it back off, opened it slightly, and set it upside down with a fan pointed on it to continue drying it out for the rest of the night. The next morning, I tried turning it on again, and thankfully it did. Everything seems to be working fine except for a couple things - when I flip my laptop into tablet mode, the prompt in the lower right hand corner that is supposed to ask me if i want to switch to tablet mode does not appear anymore. Also, when i flip the laptop around to take notes, the keyboard does not lock and I end up accidentally typing unwanted random characters while writing with the stylus. Another small problem I now have is the space bar seems to have residue under it. It just doesn't feel the same when I hit it.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 57
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 920 Spill. Any help would be appreciated!!

Tea is both acidic and conductive so the problems may get worse.  It is best to disassemble completely and clean everything that was hit with pure alcohol.  If you are lucky, only the keynoard/touchpad surface was affected.  They will likely need to be replaced.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors