Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N33
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,071
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 Tablet Version Mismatch - Please reinstall the tablet software

Hi All,

Recently I have been receiving this error message "Tablet Version Mismatch - Please reinstall the tablet software" when I tried to open some of my apps in the LAPTOP mode.

I tried to reinstall the Wacom driver (although I do not know what this is for), but it did not work.

Any advice would be appreciated!Capture.JPG

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,029
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 Tablet Version Mismatch - Please reinstall the tablet software

What version of Win 10 are you running?  1803? 1809?

First thing to do is run Lenovo Vantage and make sure everything's up-to-date, including the BIOS. 

If it still happens, check the status of Lenovo's tablet services. Open up a RUN dialog and enter "services.msc." Scroll to the bottom and look for "ymc" and "YogaPLService." Both of those should be set to "automatic" and be running. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
N33
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,009
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 Tablet Version Mismatch - Please reinstall the tablet software

Thanks for your help! Here is how I fixed this problem:

My Windows version is 1803, and those 2 services are set to auto, but my BIOS is not up-to-date.

I updated my BIOS but this problem still existed.

I deleted and uninstalled everything (some of them I cannot delete) containing the keyword "wacom" but this problem still existed

I noticed that if I disable the "tablet service" in task manager, this error window no longer pops up, but MS Onenote cannot start at all.

So I followed this solution (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/error-0xc0000142/3da27a75-1...) to fix the MS Onenote error, everything looks fine now.

I do not know exactly which step solved my problem, so I just listed everything I did above for future reference if anyone encounters a simialr one.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors