Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vats_cs
Paper Tape
Views: 6,856
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 UHD 4k Battery life

Guys I'm planning to buy a Lenovo Yoga 920. I just have to decide whether to buy the model with the 4k screen or 1080p screen. Cost of 4k screen model is 1400usd and 1080p screen model is 1375. All the other specifications are exactly the same between the two models.

So basically it boils down to the battery life and yes i understand 4k screen will give lower battery life. 

But if you could give ur feedback on what is ur battery life and the kind of usage, it would tremdously useful in helping me.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 6,788
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 UHD 4k Battery life

Naturally, battery life will depend on what you're doing with the thing. Once a week, I'm using my 910 in the car with a combination of Chrome, MS Word and an audio editing program all running simultaneously along with WiFi (tethered to my phone). It's a two-hour trip and the computer battery guage shows 3 hours left at the end of that trip. I consider that pretty good. 

I bought the 4k model because - at the time - I thought I'd be flying regularly and wanted to use it to watch movies and such in-flight. Only made one flight which was about 4 hours, total. Watched a number of things.. computer was in standby during a short layover. Battery showed about half an hour left when I landed.  All-in-all, I'm happy with that. My previous laptop could run movies during a flight, but 2 hours was its limit unless I was lucky enough to get a seat with a power port.  With my 910, I don't even LOOK for a power port as I know the battery will last longer than the flight, so it's not worth digging out the cords and stringing everything up.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Microeye
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 6,611
Message 3 of 4

Note that the UHD have some problem with the screen, people get the plack line at the top.
i got the UHD the battery was fine 4-5h depends on what you do... but i got the black line (sadly!) 
so i switched it for the FHD, the screen is still great (not 4k, but sharp and bright) and noticed an improvment in the battery life... so i suggest to go on the FHD.

Cs

2davidg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 379
Message 4 of 4

I bought a 920 about a year ago. My battery died at the 12mos anniversary. Lenovo Support advised me to buy another battery from a 3rd party supplier and pretty much didn't want to know me. The device runs 'really' hot compared to other Laptops I've had. Too hot to sit on my lap. Nice looking device with some nice features but I couldn't really recommend the device I have. In general, the battery life has never been all that good. An expensive experience for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors