Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel096
Paper Tape
Views: 1,761
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 UHD Battery and Temperature

Hi, there. I've bought a UHD Yoga 920 about a month ago. A couple of weeks ago I had a very bad problem with its battery life, 2 hours and dead. But it seems it was a Windows problem, because after some updates, the battery life got better. Still, I let it looping a 40 minutes video and from 100% battery, it died in 6:30 hours (battery saver on and WiFi on). I feel it is not ok. What do you think? Core Temp also shows me 55-60 degrees celsius (130-140 F) and I only have a browser opened, with just some forum tabs, so no video playback, nothing.

damianp67
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,720
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 UHD Battery and Temperature

I am averaging 6-7 hours of  my mixed use, so I am not that surprised.  It seems to be getting better with time. With that said, it shouldnt run that hot. I would check out the perf mon and see what processes are running and using resources. Make sure antivirus thats bundled isnt doing something wonky. Also, if you are syncing files with onedrive/google/pictures, that could also have an impact if its still doing its first sync/backup

thrazor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,687
Message 3 of 4

I am experiencing the same problem but on a different model (Yoga 710), it seems that the overall enviroment was not optimized. 

2davidg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 109
Message 4 of 4

Note your's is a few years old but did you find a solution to the short battery life and heat generated? I wouldn't have bought this machine if I knew this was going to be such an issue. Battery died after 1 year of use. New battery lasts about 3 hours just sitting there & dies overnight in sleep / hibernation.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors