12-04-2019

US

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 USB-C ports working unpredictably

2019-12-04, 0:19 AM

I know there are several varoius posts regarding the USB C thunderbolt connector but I have not fould one about intermittent un predictable performance.

I am using a Dell docking station that has a USB C connector WD15. Sometimes the display will function other times it will not. I have to turn the cable upside down and re-insert into the computer. It would seem to me that the conenction should be the same regardless of orientation.

Most of the time I have to choose between charging and second display. It seems to vary based on the orientation of the connector. However this does not seem predictable. Also it seems to be equally unpredictable regadless of the USB port selected.

I have updated drivers via Lonovo and I am up to date in Windows.

How can I get the display port and charger to work at the same time.

The mouse and headset do not seem to be affected.

Thank you

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 USB-C ports working unpredictably

2019-12-04, 14:48 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community.

In regards to the problem, Using a third party device is really not a guarantee to work 100% as Lenovo did not make any docking station that's compatible with the computer that you have as shown https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/docksSearch/. It's a compatible driver and version from the manufacturer of the dock that you need here. The driver makes a device connected to the computer work properly and finding the right one might be a treasure hunt for some to get a device to work properly. Unfortunately Lenovo has yet to make any docking station specifically for your model.

If you can get it to work please share it with the community so we can use it for reference.

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

12-04-2019

US

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 USB-C ports working unpredictably

2019-12-04, 21:52 PM

Thank you. This seemed like a great computer but the more I use the less happy I am with it. Not being able to use a docking station is a show stopper. All the documentation seemed to support thunderbolt. I thought perhaps I needed an update driver.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete