Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfmorris
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 - USBC Monitor issues - Broken by Windows update

I am stuggling with my Yoga 920 and USBC adapter. I researched and got a good one (I believe), a HooToo HT-UC001S 100W, HDMI monitor/charger/usb and it was working perfectly.

Then after a windows update a week ago, it is now very unreliable. It will work 1 out of 20 times. Everything works reliably except the external monitor, the PC does not recognize it at all. I've been trying to decode drivers and settings to no avail. Spent hour+ on chat with Lenovo. I have also tried a second simple USBC-HDMI adpater that worked before on this PC and on others. Confounding everything is that it does work if I unplug and replug the adapter with just the right timing (I'm certain it is not a flakey connector because everything else works perfectly).

I feel like if I knew what driver and how to roll back, things might return to operational status... but that might just be wishful thinking...

Does anybody else have this problem?

goredsox
Fanfold Paper
Views: 546
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 - USBC Monitor issues - Broken by Windows update

ALOT of us are having problems with external monitors and the Yoga 920.

This thread has more detail:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/ll06_en/thread-id/57774

I've been able to make my adapter (CableCreation) work with the following procedure that oneoffsuit described:

• 1. Disconnect all devices
  • 2. Shutdown computer
  • 3. Connect adapter and cable (display is on and input selected)
  • 4. Boot computer

This works "for now" but it's not a long term solution.  Plug-n-Play for my external monitor and Yoga 920 definitely isn't happening for me right now.

rfmorris
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 - USBC Monitor issues - Broken by Windows update

That was very helpful and it works. I thought that I had tried that sequence, but must have missed it. I will join the other thread... R

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors