Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
drhannibal
What's DOS?
Views: 1,891
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 920 Windows 10 1809 Update: Screen Brightness not working after sleep [BUG]

As the title suggests, after updating today to the latest version of Windows 10 (October Update, 1809), I cannot change the brightness levels after waking the computer from sleep. The brightness remains constant. Only a restart fixes the problem.

Laptop: Yoga 920 Glass i7, 16GB/512GB

mgymnop
Token Ring
Views: 1,857
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga 920 Windows 10 1809 Update: Screen Brightness not working after sleep [BUG]

How did you get the update? I just don't get it to update with the windows update function. It just doesn't appear even after updating the intel graphics drivers as recommended by Lenovo.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,828
Message 3 of 14

Re: Yoga 920 Windows 10 1809 Update: Screen Brightness not working after sleep [BUG]

Hi mgymnop!

Thanks for posting in our community. 

You may download and install our Lenovo Vantage tool in this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv#activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab from there, go to driver update and then install all the updats that will show up. 

Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,821
Message 4 of 14

Hi drhannibal!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!

Let's try rolling back the display driver. Please follow these steps:

Press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand Display adapters
Right click the current display adapter
Click Properties
Click Driver tab
Click the Rollback driver if the option is available

If the rollback is not an option (grayed out),

Right click the current display adapter
Click Uninstall
Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”
Exit Device Manager
Restart

Go to Start -> Settings -> Update & security, then Check for updates and install any available updates.

Or, use the Lenovo Vantage https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht505081, and run the System Update. Let us know how things go. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

drhannibal
What's DOS?
Views: 1,809
Message 5 of 14

Maru,

I managed to fix it by downloading the latest Intel drivers. For your information, Lenovo Vantage showed no available updates, so maybe Lenovo should issue new drivers for this update.

Mgymnop,

The update just showed up on Windows Update. However, you can also download it using the Media Creation Tool directly from Microsoft. 

jihaddia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,546
Message 6 of 14

Hello.. Did you find any solution for this problem
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,535
Message 7 of 14

We would like to find out if this will do the same thing when using the Microsoft Basic Display adapter, to see if this is even related to the Display adapter. We would have to uninstall and delete the driver through this steps: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/using-device-manager-to-uninstall-... . Once removed from Device Manager, click on "Action", then select "Scan For Hardware changes". This should somehow install a Microsoft basic driver. Check if the issue would still occur. 

To download the Intel Graphics Driver, simply download from our site: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-920-13IKB/download...

Moderator comment: Links expanded.

jihaddia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,488
Message 8 of 14

I reverted to the last windows build 1803. It is working better. Waiting the final solution.. I also noticed when I was on 1809 that the notebook was overheated.. now on 1803 build it is normal..
Mahan1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,306
Message 9 of 14

My yoga 920's screen brightness is not working after sleep or when the laptop is in an ideal state for too long. The only solution is to uninstall and then reinstall the driver. Need some permanent fix for this at the earliest. 

Vesselin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,228
Message 10 of 14

I'm experiencing the same issue. Most of the time I am unable to adjust brightness after ugrading to October 2018 Update. Reinstalling the driver temporarily fixes the issue but then it usually happens again after another sleep/resume cycle. There are no available updates in Lenovo Vantage - I keep checking often.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors