cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanFeldman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 646
Message 21 of 25

Re: Yoga 920 Windows 10 1809 Update: Screen Brightness not working after sleep [BUG]

Still having this issue.

All drivers are up-to-date (using Lenovo Vantage), Windows is on the latest and greatest.

star99
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 22 of 25

Re: Yoga 920 Windows 10 1809 Update: Screen Brightness not working after sleep [BUG]

If you've been following the thread, we all are on the latest drivers, at least the latest that Lenovo Vantage and Windows Update will allow us to upgrade anyway. You need to manually go to Intel's website to download the latest driver, and make sure that neither Windows Update nor Lenovo Vantage tries to replace that. The blog post (https://zitseng.com/archives/17388) provides more details, and it seems to work for most people. I'm now using the new Windows DCH driver, and ugpraded through several versions too, without any problems.

SeanFeldman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 583
Message 23 of 25

Thank you. I've seen this article and tried the drivers, but was getting an error when installing the drivers.

image.png

Then I tried something else. Rather than using .exe, I've downloaded .zip and updated the driver via Device Manager.

This time it works. Shame on Lenovo for keeping the driver so outdated and blocking Intel installer.

Hope this helps anyone running into the same issue as me.

magnuspraeda
What's DOS?
Views: 242
Message 24 of 25

Installing the Intel driver via device manager worked for me to fix this problem. It's ridiculous that Lenovo hasn't updated their version of this driver in Vantage since November 18. Hard to recommend their products if they stop supporting them with essential updates after such a short period of time (especially since they don't have to do anything other than flip the switch that says "yeah, this driver's fine for this system").

mgymnop
Token Ring
Views: 240
Message 25 of 25

Totally agree. Came from a Surface Pro and will go back after my Yoga 920 falls apart. The lack of driver support is ridiculous. It's not only a stability but could be also a security issue.

Marco

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors