Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ertyuyu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,452
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 920 Won't Connect to Visible Wifi Connections

Just received a Yoga 920 as a gift.  Everything seemed to boot-up smoothly out of the box.

I can see every Wifi connection in my neighborhood (including the router in my home).

I'm typing this message from a computer that's connected to the Wifi via the router in my home. 

Airplane mode is off.  

However, when I try to connect to my local Wifi, and type in the key, I get a message of "Can't connect to this network".

It's pretty clear the router is sending a signal, and the Yoga 920 is at least starting to receive it.   What do I need to do to complete the connection?

Hillaryw08
What's DOS?
Views: 2,279
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 920 Won't Connect to Visible Wifi Connections

Have you had any success resolving this problem? My new 920 is getting the same error message.
TPham1948
Token Ring
Views: 2,147
Message 3 of 6

The problem with "Can't connect to this network" may be fixed by just rebooting the wireless router. If a change was made to the wireless router, it should be rebooted, otherwise, the error is likely to happened.

mltsy
Punch Card
Views: 908
Message 4 of 6

Rebooting the router did work for me when I had the same problem.  Very strange that the Yoga 920 was the only device that seemed to have a problem, but nevertheless, a router reboot did solve the issue.

SweetSue
What's DOS?
Views: 48
Message 5 of 6

Has a solution been found? I have exactly the same problem

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 39
Message 6 of 6

There are a number of issues that could generate "Can't connect to this network." The newer power-saving technology in the Qualcomm cards often doesn't play nice with older routers, too. There are a lot of tweaks that can be made, but if your router's relatively new start by making sure your drivers and BIOS are up-to-date as well as the router's firmware.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors