Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmncpa
What's DOS?
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 and Lenovo Vantage

I had a hardware issue with my new Yoga 920 and have the motherboard was replaced the Lenovo Vantage app displays as an IDEAPAD.  Been round and round with support to no avail.    I am 100% certain - but with no way o prooving - that before the motherboard was changed the Lenovo Vantage app displayed as a YOGA920.

Can another send me screen shots of their home page on the Lenovo Vantage app so I can show support I am not making this up?

Guru
Views: 234
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 and Lenovo Vantage

I dont have a Yoga 920 but I believe you.  I think what happened to you happened to my nephew.  When they replaced motherboard on my nephews Yoga 720 they were supposed to update model number and serial number on the motherboard but they forgot to.  They did not.    Now Vantage wont work on my  nephews laptop since Vantage doesnt know which model number it is to lookup for software update.  If you go into BIOS is the serial number model number missing there too?  

Now the only way support says the laptop can be fixed is to ship laptop to repair center for repair centers mistake.

Below is my post from months ago in regards to my nephews Yoga 720.  I still have no resolution since he was at school at he needed it for studies and didnt have time to ship into Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/720-13-motherboard-replacement/m-p/3957342

On the bottom of the Vantage screen it should show your device make, Serial number , Product number and BIOS version.  On my nephews 720 that information is missing since its missing from the motherboard.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

SeniorGuru
Views: 232
Message 3 of 4

Welcome to the forum.

The Yoga 920 is a member of the IdeaPad family of notebooks (as opposed to, say, ThinkPad family that also has Yoga models.)

I don't have a Y920, however, here's what Lenovo's Support site says about that (and other) Yoga models:

Clipboard01.jpg

Views: 224
Message 4 of 4

If it was me confirm that in BIOS the serial number and model number are missing.  Then call support again and explain that because the information is missing in BIOS vantage wont pick up the updates in windows.  that way they wont try to blame windows and ask you to reinstall everything.  If its missing in BIOS it has nothing to do with windows.  That what I had to do.  Then they said you need to ship in laptop to get it fixed.  In my nephews case since laptop worked except for vantage he chose not to ship in until school is finished.  Now he is deciding if he wants to ship in or try and find another local service provider to fix what Micro center did not fix correctly on 2 separate trips.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors