Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zack5
What's DOS?
Views: 707
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 backlight bleed

Hello

I just got my new Yoga 920 - really liking it so far.

There is a small amount of backlight bleed at the bottom of the screen - it's something I can live with, but considering it's a top of the line machine and cost a lot of money, is any amount of backlight bleed acceptable?

I'm not sure if I should consider returning it and getting a new one, and risk getting one that is even worse.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Zack

cdhbp3
What's DOS?
Views: 484
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 backlight bleed

I have the same backlight bleed issue with the 920 4k version and will likely return it to bb for a replacement. I'm curious if this is a design issue with the bottom bezel or just a few machines? I would rather rather exchange it for something different if it's a common problem. It kinda defeats the purpose of getting a 4k screen if the picture is flawed. 

I've played with every brightness/contrast setting in the intel panel and have had no luck finding a setting that eliminates the bleed.

Suzana
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 backlight bleed

I thought I had the same issue, (a thin band of light that's peeking out at the bottom of the screen and a couple of pixels in the bottom right corner).

However, when I noticed that that when the taskbar comes up (and hides it) I then saw that the band of light matches the width of the search box and this vertical line to the right.

Does yours look the same?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors