Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilsml
Paper Tape
Views: 713
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 battery drain in standby

When in standby (or connected standby) the Yoga consumes quite a lot of battery.

In just a few hours, the battery capacity was reduced by 10%.

Because of intelligent hibernation, my PC does not run out of battery during the night, but then it makes standby pretty much useless.

I've seen similar issues being discussed for the X1 Yoga at these forums, and I believe that a BIOS update was issued to fix the problem.

Cannot seem to find a BIOS upgrade for the 920 that has a fix, though.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 698
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 battery drain in standby

Might have a look at this thread.

I can't say I've had much of an issue as I only use "sleep" for short times, such as changing planes, moving between offices, etc. I put a shortcut on my desktop that'll hibernate the computer. I use that when I know it's going to be an hour or more. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
nilsml
Paper Tape
Views: 668
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for pointing me to that other thread.

I tried what was suggested in that thread, but to no avail.

Still my PC stays in standby a couple of hours before it goes into hibernation because of high battery drain.

Cancervivor
What's DOS?
Views: 393
Message 4 of 4

I have the battery drain issue as well. At first, I thought it was because I had disabled Hibernation in order to dual install Linux Mint along Windows. But then I tried reactivating it and still, when on sleep, my battery drains in 24 hours or less. It is extremely frustrating. I bought an extended warranty on the computer so I will likely return to Best Buy and ask for its replacement.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors