Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gbrayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,160
Message 11 of 93

Re: Yoga 920 - can't connect to any external monitor or tv

Just tried connecting my yoga 920 to a display today for the first time and I have the same problem... kinda annoying...

jcovert94
Paper Tape
Views: 14,029
Message 12 of 93

I am having this issue as well (started occuring out of the box). I need to frequently switch between monitors and projectors at work, so this issue is very problematic for me. Everything about this laptop is great except for the connectivity. Lenovo, please resolve this so I don't have to return it.

jerry2018
What's DOS?
Views: 13,998
Message 13 of 93

Same problem, ever since I got the machine. 99% of the time it doesn't work (USB-C to DP).

BillT1
Paper Tape
Views: 13,993
Message 14 of 93

I've been waiting patiently for a fix for a couple weeks now. Could someone at Lenovo please tell me at least if this is a problem that Lenovo or Intel is working on?

jcovert94
Paper Tape
Views: 13,945
Message 15 of 93

UPDATE:

Thanks to aww181 from the intel forum, my 920 is working exactly as it should connecting to HDMI or a dual monitor Displayport 2.1 setup (2 dell U2414H). Revert to an older version of Windows 10. Not ideal for those who want the latest features, but all seems well right now. Hopefully either Windows or Lenovo figure out the compatitibility issues.

aww181
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,938
Message 16 of 93

Glad I could help jcovert94.  I know how frustating this is.  I am on the machine all day for work and personal use.   The good news is that Lenovo just updated firmware for the Cypress EZ-PD™ CCG4 is a dual USB Type-C controller. I updated this morning and just updated the to version 1709 of windows 10 that did not work before. It now works.  

To update the firmware:

1. Run the Lenovo vantage app. 

lenovo-vantage.PNG 

2. Select system update

CCG4 Firmware Update.PNG

3. Install the firmware update

4. reboot

5. Use windows update to update Windows 10

6. Check for windows updates a second time!

The last step is critical now given the security flaw in the intel chips.  There is a patch form Microsoft that should load.  It took two steps for me. 

Highlighted
Tpad-rex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 13,908
Message 17 of 93

@aww181 - can confirm, the update fixed my external display conectivity and am so happy!! BUT.... it took me an hour with support, a reset of the OS (thanks Lenovo...) and trying a second time. And the overall process aint exactly smooth even when it works.

Short story - the update failed and killed my USB-C ports which means you're toast once your battery drains. Lenovo support couldn't fix it. I did with less than 15 minutes of pweor left. Welcome to USB-C where you're battery life depends on USB drivers!!

Long story with a link to the fix - I logged in last night and was immediately greeted with an important Lenevo update notice dead center after login. I thought it had to be for this issue or the Intel chip security issue. I ran it - it ended with an error saying the firmware was not valid & the udpate was not successful but - that it would install after a reboot. I clicked done and the computer auto rebooted then did nothing for ~5 minutes, then restarted and all appeared fine. Then I noticed the battery wasn't charging... odd as the update said power was required and I was plugged in. I found the USCI USB Connection Manager Driver had a yellow mark. Fark. I tried to fix it. Lenovo live support tried to fix it. My battery was draining, teim was running out and the options the Lenovo tech presented were to perform a full reset or ship it in. The Lenovo tech told me the issue was NOT the Advanced Firmware update on this page. The Lenovo tech said to do an OS reset. I did and still could not charge. Battery draining... Fark!. I'm gonna have to ship it in. In a last ditch effort I downloaded the advanced firmware update which said it was already installed. By chance I opened the readme from the download page and the last two lines saved me just as the battery was alerting me it was about to die! Wholly crap what an intense two hours. Lost all my apps and settings, got no help of value from Lenovo, thought I would be loosing the laptop for weeks or months... saved at the bell! All of this casued by a $2,000 laptop that wouldn't connect to external displays or TV's. Sigh... it's too expensive to break in half across my knee.

Bajo
Punch Card
Views: 13,770
Message 18 of 93

I had two external monitors working on my 920 just fine thru an IOGEAR docking station. This was win10 v1703. After an update to win10 v1709, neither monitor worked. Found that the firmware for the CCG4 (two USB-C ports) needed an update to v55. After the CCG4 update, both monitors started working again.

jiubugaosuni
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,722
Message 19 of 93

Please try the new PD firmware update program to fix this problem. the following URL can be used to Yoga 920 and Yoga 920 glass.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-920-13IKB/download...

for more information you may refer to URL https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-920-13ikb/download...

Admin note; relaced download to exe file with document page; exe file name may change in future resulting in 404

Tropical365
Punch Card
Views: 12,408
Message 20 of 93

I'm VERY upset!! I just received the Lenono 920 laptop I paid $2077 for and I CANNNOT get it to connect to my brand new Dell 27" monitor!! My Lenovo laptop is 1080p becuase for obvious reasons I do NOT want 4K on a latop. My question is... did the person who started this thread have a 1080p laptop or a 4k res?? This is very upsetting I paid so much money and it cannot even connect to my external monitor when my crappy old laptop has NO probem connecting!!! I am at my wits end and Lenovo support remote accessed my laptop and they couldn't fix it!!!!!! PLEASE help!!!

PS: Lenovo support REFUSED to complete the steps mentioned here:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cypd4226v55.txt

Lenovo support basically just update the firmware... that's it... which did not fix the problem they said they cannot fix it. What is going on here??????? They are telling me it is OK that I just paid $2077 for a high spec laptop that is not even capable of connecting to an exteranl monitor. This must be a joke. Before I bought this laptop they said it would be NO problem.

This is RIDICULOUS. I don't have time for this nonsense!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors