Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpad-rex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 22,515
Message 1 of 93

Yoga 920 - can't connect to any external monitor or tv

I've tried three different HDMI cables and two different USB-C to HDMI connectors. Latest drivers, latest BIOS. Trying to conenct to two HDMI TV's and two different HDMI computer monitors. Nothing Works. NOTHING WORRRRKKKKSSSS!!!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 22,321
Message 2 of 93

Re: Yoga 920 - can't connect to any external monitor or tv

Are you pressing F10 (or Fn + F10) to toggle between the laptop display and the external monitor?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 22,320
Message 3 of 93

Have you tried a Lenovo-branded adapter?

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/cables-and-adapters/adapters/CABLE-BO-USB-C-t...

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Tpad-rex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 22,282
Message 4 of 93

Have not - looking at other threads doesn't appear to help?

I'm using this - ENKLEN USB C to HDMI Adapter(4K@60Hz)
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter%EF%BC%884K-ENKLEN-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Chromebook/dp/B075MCGSGN/

And this -   dodocool USB C Hub, 7-in-1 Type C Adapter Power Delivery with 4K HD Port
https://www.amazon.com/dodocool-Adapter-Delivery-SuperSpeed-Chromebook/dp/B073QNF67F/

Tpad-rex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 22,280
Message 5 of 93

Yes F10 and or WinKey + P - niether should be necessary but trying them anyhow.

Finally got a TV to show up - switched to 1080p, shut the computer down and boot up with the adpater/cables already connected, then the TV will pickup.

Tpad-rex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 22,190
Message 6 of 93

@richk I purchased the official Lenovo UCB-C to HDMI Adpater - and can't get any display to connect.  I've tried connecting before powering up (that sometimes works for my other adapters) tried turning TV off and on, truning monitors off and on, plugging and unplugging cables on the TV or on the computer, switching resolution from 4k to HD, rebooting, F10, WinKey + P, forced connection on monitors to HDMI (instead of auto-detect).... no joy. Meanwhile my Gen 2 X1 Carbon connects just fine to any of the displays I'm working with. How can this be? How can this be fixed?

liml
What's DOS?
Views: 22,155
Message 7 of 93

hello all, i suggest you guys keep an eye out on this thread here and mark that you have the same question to raise the profile of this issue with Intel / Lenovo.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/120576?start=0&tstart=0

BillT1
Paper Tape
Views: 22,081
Message 8 of 93

I also cannot connect to any of the 4K or 1080P monitors/TVs here. I am using  the “Lenovo USB-C Travel Hub” UPC-9094042403 connected to my days-old Yoga-920-Glass laptop, and I have updated to the latest BIOS. This is seriously affecting my work. Please diagnose and fix ASAP!

aww181
Fanfold Paper
Views: 22,069
Message 9 of 93

Same issue here. It was working great until yesteday.  All of the sudden, I cannot connect to any of the external displays that previously worked.  I tried new cables and new adaptors. New monitors and updated drivers from the lenovo site.  Nothing has worked.  When plugging in the USB C connector, the machine makes a sound through the speakers so it knows the something was plugged in.  But the display page in the control panel states the device cannot be detected.  And no signal goes to the external display.  I cannot enable any way I have tried.    

Microsift wants me to restore my computer to origional settings and Lenovo wants to send a support technition out that will only work on Hardware issues. I do not beleive this is a hardware issue. 

Any suggestions are apprecited. 

tawaspoint
Fanfold Paper
Views: 22,001
Message 10 of 93

Same issue for me with a two-day-old Yoga 920, except with USB-C to Displayport.  When is Lenovo going to fix this?  I have until 1/15/18 to return this laptop without penalty.  That's how long I'm willing to wait.  The gentleman on the Intel forum at least found a short term solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors