cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronkas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 940
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 can't login Windows Hello with fingerprint after long time in hybernation

Hello,

I've a brand new Yoga 920 glass with win 10 x64 /lenovo vanatge fully updated, (included latest bios).
the problem is: after long hybernation (overnight, typically) the fingerpint doesn't work at Windows Hello user login. and I must use PIN o psw.  If I try to replicate the issue activating hybernation and then start immediately again the problem doesn't happen. Also when in suspension it never happens (also because my lap is set to go in hybernation after 2 hours).T
More specifically, the option to login with fingerprint IS present, but laying the finger doesn't trigger - obviously - a "login" neither a "wrong" feedback, it just doesnt' happen anything. 

I've tried to search the forum and google it, but no luck,

I've already tried to do:

1. Install Intel SGX latest driver on the support page

2. Install Intel chipset latest driver on the support page

3. Install Fingerprint latest driver on the support page

4. Enter BIOS and change SGX settings to Software controlled: fingerpint login become unavailable at login.

Windows 10 event log says:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

It seems a problem of driver/service can't engaging... maybe because of power management?
But I can't really find a solution.

Suggestions?

Ronkas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 871
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 can't login Windows Hello with fingerprint after long time in hybernation

Lenovo?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 867
Message 3 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 can't login Windows Hello with fingerprint after long time in hybernation

Hi Ronkas!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Could you go to Device Manager and expand the Biometrics drivers? Right click on it and check the Power Management. If there is an option to uncheck "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" please do uncheck it. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Ronkas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 866
Message 4 of 5

Already tried, it doesn't stay unchecked.
Every time i reboot it is checked again.

No 3rd party SW for energy management, laptop is updated with last lenovo vantage.

Ronkas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 835
Message 5 of 5

For all the people struggling with this issue.

I found a working driver on this Lenovo page for a sibiling model: the Yoga 720 15IKB mod.81C7. You can find it here: 
file name: ho7704af.exe
driver version: 5.5.2725.1050
digital signature: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

With this driver the energy saving mode (check the relative properties tab) stays always unchecked (no registry edits) and all is now fully working.  As the serial numbers confirm, this is an updated version of the driver suggested for the Yoga 920... so, the lap is fantastic, but I really can't imagine why Lenovo can't suggest this as an update through Lenovo Vantage or at least the proper support page of the laptop. Sorry to say, but overall bad support. I throwed away hours to get out of this (alone).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors