Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khalideng
Paper Tape
Views: 1,854
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 920 cannot reset pc

my friend have yoga 920 just got it from his father , there is too much junk software slowing it down (yahoo messenger for example Smiley FrustratedRIP), we want it to be as good as new , lenovo windows 10 comes customized with good stuff we don't want lose if i try to install windows iso from Microsoft on usb stick  and the ssd partition looks something i don't want to mess with , the  message when i try to use reset function from setting it says "something wrong happened , nothing changed" , is there a way to reset windows using reset windows function , or is there special windows iso from usb stick with lenovo good stuff and drivers that made specially for yoga 920

thanks 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,823
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 920 cannot reset pc

Hi Khalideng,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You may check the link below if the serial number of the laptop is eligible to download a digital copy of Lenovo Recovery Media just enter the serial number.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovorecovery?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

You may also try to follow the steps below on how to perform a factory reset on the laptop. 

- Power off the laptop
- Press the NOVO button (Guide here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht104038?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6)
- It should power on the laptop and show the Boot Menu on the screen
- Please select System Recovery and then "From initial backup" then follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors