Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Effeci
What's DOS?
Views: 1,586
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 920 - change keyboard?

Hello, I have just bought a new Lenovo Yoga 920 13IKB during my holiday in Usa. Now that I am came back in Italy I would like to change the US keyboard with a more familiar Italian keyboard.

Do you think it can be possible?

Do the lenovo technical center change it?

Is there someone that has used stickers to add letters on the key in order to avoid to change the keyboard?

thank you.

have a nice day

fausto

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,574
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 920 - change keyboard?

The service center can change the keyboard, but I would guess that the labor cost would be high.  The machine comes apart by removing the bottom cover.  You need to remove everything  and the last part is the keyboard.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Effeci
What's DOS?
Views: 1,547
Message 3 of 6

hello Richk and thank you for the reply. And what about the change of single keys? I have seen many videos that explain how to do it also for Yoga 910 and many other notebook.
It seems to be also easy...
thanks, have a nice day.
ciao
Clevor
Punch Card
Views: 1,525
Message 4 of 6

As Richk said, you don't want to go there. You have to pretty much totally disassemble the 920 to get to the keyboard. On some laptops the keyboard snaps out from the front, but I removed mine on an MSI notebook to replace the HDD but it never went back together right after that (wouldn't lay totally flush). Be aware that this is the chance you take when you mess with laptops. Desktops are super easy as you don't have panels to go back together with a hairline fit.

Maciba
Paper Tape
Views: 840
Message 5 of 6

Hi Effeci,

As you, I recently bought a Yoga 920 during a vacation in the USA.

How did you solve your issue? Did you change the US keyboard with the Italian one? If yes could you give some advice how to do it?

Thanks so much in advance for the help!

Matteo
Effeci
What's DOS?
Views: 764
Message 6 of 6

Hi Matteo. I'm sorry I cannot help you. It seems to be impossible to change the keyboard but you can map your keys to get the missing keys like àèìòù or €.
ciao
fausto

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors