Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfsantamaria
Paper Tape
Views: 1,723
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 charging light issue

Goodmorning, I have recently updated all the firmware/driver of my new Lenovo Yoga 920 Glass available at the official lenovo page. I have noticed that:

1) When the battery is charged the charging light does not turn off.

2) If I remove the cable, the light stay turned on untill I open the laptop (lifting the monitor).

Any solution to these annoying problems ?

Thank you.

Daniele

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,684
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 charging light issue

1) Normal behavior with every laptop I've ever owned. If power is connected, the power light is supposed to stay lit. 

2) I have the same 920 and the power indicator does stay lit after removing the AC Adapter, however it goes out within 5 minutes of being disconnected.  I never really ran it with an older BIOS as I updated everything  right out-of-the-box. 

Interesting quirk. We'll see if the next BIOS update fixes it or if it's something else. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
dfsantamaria
Paper Tape
Views: 1,638
Message 3 of 5

I'm assuming that the laptop is turned off during the issue. Every laptop  I had stops lighting when charge is complete. Before the update,  these behaviour don't occurred.

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,619
Message 4 of 5

Suffice it to say the charging light next to the USB-C ports is supposed to remain illuminated when connected to power, whether the computer is on or off. It does change from amber to white when the battery is no longer critically low. But it will always remain on when connected to a plugged-in AC adaptor. 

When disconnected from power, the charger light on my 910 goes out, immediately regardless of the operational state of the computer; on or off. On the 920, it stays on for about 4 minutes. Again, it's nothing that should affect the operation of the computer nor drain any power off the battery. Next BIOS update might fix that if it's on the BIOS team's radar.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
dfsantamaria
Paper Tape
Views: 1,614
Message 5 of 5

I see, thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors