Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nomail_
Paper Tape
Views: 4,275
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 charging with car phone charger that supports QuickCharge

Hello, a quick question about charging Yoga 920 with car charger that supports QuickCharge. Is it possible? I understand that it would take much more time to charge but will it hurt my device?

I have troubles understanding new TypeC standard as I thought that anything that has TypeC connector could be used with any other device to charge

dosher
Punch Card
Views: 4,211
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 charging with car phone charger that supports QuickCharge

You will need to use a car charger that supports Power Delivery / PD.   Looks as though these are now available eg:

http://www.nekteck.com/product/nekteck-usb-if-certified-usb-type-c-car-charger-with-pd-45w-usb-a-12w...

I have used a Quick Charge 2.0 device to get a trickle charge into a Lenovo T470 via its USB C port but the same device will not charge the Yoga 920. 

nomail_
Paper Tape
Views: 4,125
Message 3 of 4

Thank you dosher! I also will choose my powerbank accordingly

DaleRoss
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,092
Message 4 of 4

Here is what you need to understand about Type C. it si a definiton of a connector, like Type A is. It doesn't mean you have USB 3.1, doesn't mean the device with the Type C Port supports Power Delivery. You will always have to check the specifications of the devices.

Oh yeah, be very careful buying Type C cables! If you buy on Amazon, check if Benson Leung reviewed the cable or device you might be purchasing!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors