cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csusie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,171
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 fingerprint login no longer an option?

This just started, as the fingerprint login has always worked perfectly.  Now my only login options are pin or password.

Tried to google something but I can't seem to find a solution.  I've checked for Lenovo updates but my laptop reports it's up to date. 

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!!

csusie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,037
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 fingerprint login no longer an option?

Windows update solved this fingerprint glitch.

Loving my yoga 920! Updating to latest 8th gen processors and ddr4 ram worth every penny.
JetsetJoey
What's DOS?
Views: 4,857
Message 3 of 5

After getting my Yoga 920 all setup, it wasn't more than a few days before suddenly my Windows Hello via the fingerprint sensor stopped functioning. After reading the Windows update tip, here, I updated, rebooted & viola... it resumed working! HOWEVER, after a few days it stopped working again & upon checking for updates, I discovered I'm all up to date. I will be contacting Lenovo Tech Support, next...

Combat
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,249
Message 4 of 5

Did anyone find a solution to this. I've got the same problem. My computer is fully up to date so I can't try that trick. I went to Fingerprint settings and it's just not an option now and it says some options are not available.
Caine
Paper Tape
Views: 3,822
Message 5 of 5

Hey,

I had the same problem.

In my case I looked into the device manager and saw that there is a problem with the fingerprint reader. FIrt deinstall the broken "old" driver but look before if you have the actual existing driver ready. It must also be on the Lenovo Website. I took it from the extra LENOVO-partition and installed it. After a restart everything worked for me.

There is just now the problem, that it stop functionin every like 3 days. I need to repeat this process everytime and afterwards it works again but I do not really understand why this happens. Is there any solution to this?

LG Caine

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors