Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svrndmngjr
Serial Port
Views: 670
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 920 freezes in multi-tasking

Okay, I'm not sure when this started, but when I use Windows 10's multi-task function (windows+tab or swipe up the touchpad with 3 fingers or swipe from the left side of the touchscreen), it gets stuck in the multi-task view. Before the revamp of the windows 10 multi-task view, I always had 4 virtual desktops. When I use the recents feature of the multi-task view, it gets stuck. I can't even switch desktops. The start menu pops up when I press the windows key and the notification panel on the right also shows up when clicked from the toolbar or swiped from the right of the touch screen, but the desktop view remains in the multi-tasking view. I tried to remove all virtual desktops, now, it gets stuck on the multi-tasking view even when I just activate it. What gives? Smiley Sad

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 641
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 920 freezes in multi-tasking

You don't happen to have Snap Assist enabled, do you?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
svrndmngjr
Serial Port
Views: 632
Message 3 of 7

I have it disabled. Is this not happening in your system?

I also have a Windows 10 pro desktop. It has a 4790k, 16GB RAM, 1080TI, 850 evo SSD. I find that the multi-tasking also hangs at some point, although not as quickly. I had to activate na multi-task view several times before it began to show the same behavior as in my yoga 920. Tried a quick google search, I havent found complaints on this yet.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 627
Message 4 of 7

I have a 910 and 920 and Alt-Tab by way between windows like a madman. Also Cntrl-Tab my way through browsers. I'm an old DOS hack, so I tend to use keyboard shortcuts first and the mouse second. I tried a couple of things to make the multi-view stick. Didn't work.

I was going to investigate some Ease of Access settings, next, but had to actually get some work done. Smiley Happy

Is there a System Restore point from before this started happening you can use?

svrndmngjr
Serial Port
Views: 607
Message 5 of 7

I may be using a wrong term, but I'm referring to when you use the Windows+Tab thing where you can see all the current open applications and some history of previously opened files. I can also get to this "multi-task view" when swiping up on the touchpad with 3 fingers or swiping on the screen from the left edge of it.

Using Alt+Tab, I have no problems. I use this quite often as well. It's with the Windows+Tab that triggers the glitch for me.

I'll check in a while if I have a restore point and try to restore and will report back.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 603
Message 6 of 7

Hmm.  Win+Tab a second time takes me back to whatever window I was in when I hit it the first time. Same with the Escape key. Even a three-fingered swipe reverts back with the Escape key. 

I'll keep trying to make it stick.

ThinkpAdam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 544
Message 7 of 7

Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd gen, 1 week old) and I'm experiencing the same thing you're reporting. I Googled like a mad man and was a little surprised that I didn't find many results for this. ESC, 3- or 4-fingered down swipes don't seem to work. It seems to release itself after I struggle for 10 seconds or so. Sometimes four-finger swiping to change desktops does the trick, but not always.

I took another look at the gesture set up as I am writing this response and I noticed that I had three finger up set to custom which, in advanced, was assigned to task view (the same as four finger in the same direction). Thinking this conflict might be the cause, I changed it to something else then immediately tried both three and four finger up swipes. Three works in its new assignment but after trying the four-finger up swipe a few times for task view, it finally stopped responding and basically froze all inputs for 5 seconds. Something smells, here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors