Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

46 Posts

03-21-2008

United States of America

214 Signins

1503 Page Views

• Views: 1503
  • Message 1 of 12

Yoga 920 mouse pointer intermittently gets stuck

2018-06-03, 19:58 PM

During use of a variety of applications my mouse pointer will intermittently 'stick' when I'm manuevering it on the screen.  For as long as I keep trying to move it it remains stuck.  If I pause any movement attempt for a few seconds it will again start working.  This happens randomly - but as often as several times a minute.  I don't recall this happening until a couple of weeks ago.   I keep thinking (hoping) a new driver update will fix the issue - but so far nothing has helped.

I've got all Windows updates.  And the Lenovo Companion System Update doesn't find anyting needed either.

One clue I saw online related to it possibly being a Display Driver issue.  When I went to the Intel site and found a newer Intel UHD Display Driver (ver 24.xxxxx) I thought maybe I had found the problem.  My Display Driver shows ver 23.xxxxxxx.  But after downloading the updated driver and attempting to install - my effort is thwarted by a message that this driver is not intended for my operating system.  I have the very latest Windows 10 update (April, 2018) and I cannot find any further update.

Any suggestions?

Options

1 Posts

06-05-2018

Chile

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 920 mouse pointer intermittently gets stuck

2018-06-05, 4:53 AM

You can update your Intel HD drivers downloading the latest drivers from Intel's page (choose 8th generation drivers).

The trick is to download the ZIP file. Uncompress it, go to device manager, double click your graphics adapter and then go to "Drivers". Press "update drivers", select the second option (look for driver software in your PC), then again the second option ("choose from a list of drivers"). Press the "use disk" button, "browse" and go to your unzipped driver folder. Select the "Graphics" folder and then press the "Open" button. Then it's a matter of pressing "Ok" a few times and you'll update your drivers to the latest version. Good luck!

Options

46 Posts

03-21-2008

United States of America

214 Signins

1503 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2018-06-05, 13:52 PM

Jury is still out on whether this solved my mouse pointer issue.  But I've done a couple of things that seem to have helped.

1.  I have 16gb RAM installed - so i had totally disabled the windws pagefile.  I have now setup a 3 gb pagefile which I hope will help things.

2. My Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver was version 23.xxxx    It did not ever attempt to update during WIndows update or using the Lenovo Companion update option.  Yet the Intel website shows two newer versions, the latest of which was 24.20.100.6094.  Downloaded that update and attempted to install.  The install repeatedly failed with a message to the effect of "This driver is not compatible with your hardware."

3.  I deleted the Intel UHD Graphic 620 device from DEVICE MANAGER and said YES to the "remove all driver files" option.  After that I ran the ipxbin.exe program within the new 24.20.100.6094 driver folder and it installed without issue.  Required a reboot and at this point I am running the newest driver (dated 5/16/18).  

Time will tell if this solves the problem.  After a few days I'll report back on the success/failure of these updates.

Options

46 Posts

03-21-2008

United States of America

214 Signins

1503 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2018-06-05, 23:10 PM

Problem seems to be SOLVED!  Have worked steadily on this Yoga notebook all day and not once has the cursor 'stuck' as described in my original post...  I upgraded to Intel's latest UHD Graphics Driver (24.20.100.6094) and the problem went away.

I'm not sure whether to recommend this update for everyone - as it is not available (yet) from Lenovo. This leaves the uncertainty of whether the generic Intel released driver is fully suitable for the Yoga 920.  But so far it appears to be working for me.

Hope this little bit of info helps someone else...

Options

7 Posts

05-25-2018

Australia

10 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 5 of 12

2019-08-11, 12:28 PM

I can not use any mouse i own, wired or wireless, with my yoga 920. Each one drops connection intermittanly for a few seconds every couple of minutes. 

I also lose connection to my external monitor every couple of minutes when connecting my yoga 920.

My UHD graphics 620 driver is 23.20.16.4973.

As of writing this post 26.20.100.7000 is available.

I cant update by conventional means; ie running the igfx.exe or driver update via device manager. I too get a similar message

"the driver is not validated for this computer"

The question is why in todays day and age cant a premiere priced laptop connect simple day to day devices?

If the intel graphics driver fixes the problem, why the hell is lenovo not releasing the driver rollout updates?

This is my first and last lenovo.

Options

3504 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5528 Signins

62196 Page Views

• Views: 62196
  • Message 6 of 12

2019-08-11, 13:31 PM

wrote:

I can not use any mouse i own, wired or wireless, with my yoga 920. Each one drops connection intermittanly for a few seconds every couple of minutes. 

I also lose connection to my external monitor every couple of minutes when connecting my yoga 920.

My UHD graphics 620 driver is 23.20.16.4973.

As of writing this post 26.20.100.7000 is available.

I cant update by conventional means; ie running the igfx.exe or driver update via device manager. I too get a similar message

"the driver is not validated for this computer"

The question is why in todays day and age cant a premiere priced laptop connect simple day to day devices?

If the intel graphics driver fixes the problem, why the hell is lenovo not releasing the driver rollout updates?

Welcome to the Community.

FWIW, the latest Intel graphic driver signed for the 920 is 

..which is newer than what you have. If you download and install Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store, it should find and install any updated drivers for your system. Otherwise, you can obtain them from the Support tab, above. Lenovo likes to test out new drivers before approving them for installation, which is why Lenovo-signed drivers always seem to be a version or two behind what Intel has available. I have a 920 and check for updates weekly using Vantage. I don't have any mouse/monitor issues. Hopefully, this helps. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

7 Posts

05-25-2018

Australia

10 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2019-08-11, 14:09 PM
According to the system update of the vantage app, i am up to date. It is set to auto update.

I however updated windows 10 to v1903.

Reloading vantage now shows 1 update... the UHD 620 driver update to 25.20.

Hopefully this makes the difference. i will report back.
Options

7 Posts

05-25-2018

Australia

10 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2019-08-11, 14:25 PM
updating the UHD620 driver has NOT fixed the intermittent mouse pointer issue nor the monitor issue.

Options

7 Posts

05-25-2018

Australia

10 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2019-08-11, 14:29 PM
in my opinion, there is a serious issue with the motherboard on the lenovo yoga 920. USBc and USB3 seems to intermittently shut off and turn back on. This is not an issue with my unit specifically. I have tried 2 others.

I dont know if there was ever a hardware revision, but i am furious spending so much money on what is a premiere product, only to learn it does not perform basic functions like drive peripherals.
Pathetic Lenovo. Pathetic and unacceptable.
Options

3504 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5528 Signins

62196 Page Views

• Views: 62196
  • Message 10 of 12

2019-08-11, 14:33 PM

Updating to 1903 was a rather amusing ping-pong game. I had to update a driver to get 1903 to show up. Once 1903 installed, that triggered other drivers. Once I had those drivers, 1903 ran a couple MORE updates. Quite the reboot-fest, but it all worked in the end. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms