Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdaley33
What's DOS?
Views: 111
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 920 new WLAN card not finding wifi networks

I was having Wi-fi issues where it was constantly dropping at multiple locations and with a speed test was getting minimal readings. I bought a new Intel 8260 IEEE 802.11ac - Wi-Fi Adapter from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0197W86IE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I Installed and right away speed went up about 20x. Now it will NOT recognize a wi-fi network unless I stand directly next to the router. Then I can move around the house without an issue. My router is broadcasting both 2.4 and 5. All other devices work with no issues.

I tried disabling, enabling, updating the driver, rolling back the driver, deleting the old qualcom driver, resetting network settings etc. I can not seem to get anything to get it back to where it was the 1st day I installed. From what I can tell I have tried everything short of a SYSTEM RESTORE.

Could this be a disfunctional card? Could I have damaged the card or wire during installation? Could something have become loose? 

Anyone with any experience is greatly appreciated. My next step was going to be to open it back up and see of there was a hardware issue. Then my next step was going to be to purchase another.

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 101
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 920 new WLAN card not finding wifi networks

The antenna wires can be hard to attach properly and the connectors can be easy to damage.  I would check that first.  (The older, larger connectors were more robust, but they don't fit any modern cards.)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors