02-25-2015

California

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 power button doesn't work all the time

2021-01-13, 13:39 PM

Even though I rarely use the power button, it has started acting up. Sometimes it works on first press, other times I have to press it 4-5 times for pc to turn-on/sleep. 

Has anyone ran into this issue? how to fix it?

Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Yoga 920 power button doesn't work all the time

2021-01-13, 14:25 PM

Hello RightHere, nice to have you here!

By the way, are there any damage(s) on the Power button itself? Or does it looks like it is sort of like stuck when pressed?

Try to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options. From there, look and click for the option that says "Choose what the power buttons do".

Under that option, click the drop down list if "Do nothing" is selected. If that is selected, you may change it to "Shut down" or "Turn off the display" then click the "Save Changes" button.

You may also go to that option by typing the word "power and sleep settings" into the device's search bar then select the one that says "Additional power settings" on the right side of the page.

If the Power button is properly configured under that option, we may be looking at a possible hardware failure with the Power button itself and may require repairs.

You may click this link to get immediate assistance in setting up repairs for your device if it's still under warranty or may use this other link instead to see the list of Lenovo Service Providers that's near your area to bring your device.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

12 Posts

02-25-2015

California

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-01-13, 15:18 PM
There is no damage to power button, it also operates normally, I can feel the click as well. There is nothing wrong with settings, because if "Do Nothing" was selected then it won't work at all. In my case it works, but I have to press it several times, but then again there have been instances where I pressed it once and it worked. E.g. today I pressed it once and the system went into sleep mode. But then I had to press it around 9-10 times until pc woke up again.
Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-01-13, 17:59 PM

@ RightHere wrote:

There is no damage to power button, it also operates normally, I can feel the click as well. There is nothing wrong with settings, because if "Do Nothing" was selected then it won' work at all. In my case it works, but I have to press it several times, but then again there have been instances where I pressed it once and it worked.E.g. today I pressed it once and the system went into sleep mode. But then I had to press it around 9-10 times until pc woke up again.

Thanks for the response @RightHere !

As for this case, this clearly indicates that the Power button on your Yoga 920 is broken since it requires to be pressed multiple times in order to turn it on or place it into Sleep mode as well.

With this, the device requires repairs for so that you can turn on it on or put it to Sleep mode properly again by just pressing the Power button once.

You may click this link to get immediate assistance in setting up repairs for your device if it's still under warranty or may use this other link instead to see the list of Lenovo Service Providers that's near your area to bring your device.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms