Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-28-2019

Poland

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 problem with Intel 620 drivers - won't work with Premiere Pro

2019-06-28, 14:12 PM

Ok, so I have a problem that renders my laptop useless :/  It was working fine but now it just won't dipslay any preview, nor render any video on Adobe Premiere Pro. 

All I see is that - Media Pending forever, not being able to playback, rewind, I can't even see thumbnails on the media pool. 

It's either Media Pending or grey rectangles.

It won;t render, the bar just stays at 0%, same in Media Encoder.  

It's not video issue also - it works just fine played from VLC

I have everything up to date, spent last 4 hours trying diffrent approcaches. What I found out during that time is that it works when no drivers are installed. When I uninstall graphic card completely my laptop gets really slow when it comes to displaying anything and resolutions gets halved, but Premiere will display the video. It's not possible to work without the drivers though....

And one more thing - this laptop is new and when i first got it, it rendered 4K footage with no problems and rather fast. After that, it somehow stopped using CPU at all! The GPU is just Intel 620 but I have i7 and it would not use more than 1% or 4%. Render times went up from 10 minutes to 2 hours and CPU usage stays at 4% most of the times. Sometimes they would go up to 15% or so and then the render speeds up but then drops down again...

OK so I checked and in Premiere 2018 it all works. But my project files are in 2019....

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

United States of America

409 Signins

10530 Page Views

• Views: 10530
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 problem with Intel 620 drivers - won't work with Premiere Pro

2019-07-23, 17:13 PM

Hi stanskip!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Have you tried different driver versions of your graphics card?

You can directly download the zip-file of the latest drivers from Intel here on this link (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28888/a08/igfx_win10_100.6912.zip)

Here's a guide on how to install the drivers to avoid any error.

Download the zip file and extract the contents to a location on your pc e.g. Desktop

To extract right click on the downloaded zip file and select extract all...

How to install the new driver :

Go to device manager and open display adapters
double click on Intel (R) HD Graphics 620.

On the new window click on the driver tab
click "Update Driver" and a new window should appear

Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
On the next page do not click browse instead at the bottom click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

On the next page click "Have Disk".

On the new window click "Browse" and navigate to the location of the driver folder that you extracted earlier.

In the driver folder double click on the graphics folder and inside select the file that shold be similiar to igdlh64.inf or it possibly igdlh32.inf if you have a 32bit OS.

Once selected click okay and click next to begin installing the driver.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

03-12-2018

United States of America

6 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-07-27, 4:10 AM

Hi,

This happened to me too. It was hard to find this post, which is the combination of this laptop, the latest intel drivers and Premiere 2019.

Automatic driver updates won't fix it, as apparently latest version breaks premiere playback completely. Installing manually the version suggested above (6912) won't work either, or is probably the same than the one Windows 10 (And Lenovo Vantage) updates to.

The only thing working for me is DISABLING THE Intel UHD Graphics 620 (Device Manager) completely, which will trigger uninstallation of drivers. Then, RE-ENABLE it again, which will install a legacy version.

After doing this, drivers go back to v.23.20.16.4973, and Premiere will work perfectly. (even throws a compatibility warning on Premiere pointing that the driver version is too old), it works perfectly.

Not sure how to avoid the driver from being updated though.

Options

40 Posts

09-15-2017

United States of America

34 Signins

608 Page Views

• Views: 608
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-07-28, 20:18 PM

I used the Intel Driver and Support Assistant: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant to get the newest drivers. Lenovo Vantage and Windows Update won't give you the newest, and even a Google search will likely give you slightly outdated ones.

Options

3 Posts

11-29-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Yoga 920 problem with Intel 620 drivers - won't work with Premiere Pro

2020-11-29, 22:12 PM

I am having this problem with premiere and Intel 620 graphics card.  However, you can't just use the Intel download support app because Lenovo has custom video drivers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms