Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beurnii
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 7,799
Message 1 of 38

Yoga 920 quality control problems

Hi,

I just bought a yoga 920 2 weeks ago. I got the top model at 2300$ so I expected the top quality.

However, some keys on keyboard are really bad, especially the left Ctrl  and Tab. There is also some cracking noise when I put my right wrist on the laptop.

I want to know if you guys have some issues to. I don't want to do an exchange to get the same or even a  worse quality problems

Thanks

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 7,744
Message 2 of 38

Re: Yoga 920 quality control problems

Completely agree, you spend that amount of money on a laptop it should be a model of top quality in every aspect. I would definately not be happy until all the issues were properly addressed. Frankly, I would look into a exchange or possibly a refund if possible. I know for me, I spend that much and am not 100% satisfied the product goes back. Best of luck to you

damianp67
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,727
Message 3 of 38

Well I have had mine a week, first personal PC in a long time, and loved the build quality of my unit(as well as keyboard).

With that said, mine failed due to what seems like a power/battery fault and is being replaced. 

I think the 920 is well built overall and if you aren't happy with specific keys, open a case.

Zall
Paper Tape
Views: 7,568
Message 4 of 38

I have had to return every 920 I have purchased due to the exact same issues. The first one I purchased would not sit flat on any table and was exchanged for a new one. That second 920 had the same popping issue with the right wrist you described and was promptly returned. I am now on my third computer and it is also making the same popping sound with the right wrist and the L key makes a horrible squeek whenever pressed down. Never been this dissapointed with such an expensive purchase. I really want to love this computer, it's one the best I've ever used but their is such poor quality control in the line.... Its a **bleep** shame

maxg212
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,776
Message 5 of 38

I just returned my second 920 today. I loved both of them when they ran, but the first one had its WiFi adapter completely die the first night I had it, the second one stopped turning on entirely after about 3 weeks. I would strongly caution against purchasing one of these despite how cool the hinge looks.

andrewjd
Paper Tape
Views: 6,565
Message 6 of 38

I have a brand new yoga 920 and it will not sit flat on a surface.  Wobbles slightly in bottom left corner.  

Any advice apart from "return it"?

Does anyone have any experience of returns in the UK?

Jeffla
Punch Card
Views: 6,560
Message 7 of 38

I am on my second one. My first one I bought from Best Buy and it had keys that would stick/squeek, would wobble on a table, right palmrest would creak, left pumrest was so sharp you could shave with it, but the final straw was underneth the battery began to bulge. 

I took it back and bought it at the Microsoft store this time. This one has been near perfect, it still doesn't sit flat on any surface, but, overall it has been of good quality. 

Zall
Paper Tape
Views: 6,537
Message 8 of 38

Amazing that there is no response from Lenovo with such widespread reports of product faults. I am now on my 5th 920 and  have exerpienced every single issue described in this thread. This one in particular, while less problematic than other models, still has issues. The case flexes on the bottom left side quite noticeably. I am likely going to return this one as well and save my  money for when these issues are adresses. 

Zall
Paper Tape
Views: 6,534
Message 9 of 38

It also might be worth noting that all the defective units I have purchased have been from BestBuy 

elfarto
Serial Port
Views: 6,405
Message 10 of 38

This might be a long ongoing issue, i have a 710-15IKB Signature Edition, and i already had to replace 2 keys that became loose, this unit was also bought from BestBuy on Nov/2016, unfortunately i moved back to my country so lenovo refused the warranty repair and i had to pay for the replacement keys myself.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors