Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yinger
Paper Tape
Views: 1,677
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 920 "No Connections Available"

Hello.

So I bought my Lenovo Yoga 920 a few months ago. Recently, maybe within 30 days ago, whenever I shut down my laptop then powered it on, I would come to my desktop and see that my internet wasn't connected and that there were "no connections avaliable". 

(Basically like thisSmiley Happy

Image result for no connections available windows 10

When I clicked on the wifi icon, it would only show Airplane Mode and nothing else. Something like this: 

My temporary solution was to hold down the power button for 4-5 seconds and then power back on my laptop. I had to do this several times, like atleast 7 times, until my laptop got wifi again. Sometimes it wouldn't even work and I would wait a few hours and then try powering it on, and it would get wifi again.

This is really a pain. I still have warrantly on this laptop. Have you ever encountered this problem, or give suggestions / advice on how I can fix it? It would honestly mean the world to me.

Note: I also repaired my qualcomm wireless LAN installer everytime this happened. I don't know if this helped.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,627
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 920 "No Connections Available"

I haven't had this particular problem with the 920. I know with the 910, the Qualcomm Wireless LAN Installer program got stuck following the Windows Anniversary update. The solution was to remove the program. Next boot-up, go into Task Manager and see if it's running or stuck. Look for an entry that begins with "TODO." 

Next time you get it working, download and install Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store and let it update everything. It's possible a driver update will fix it. 

If everything is already up-to-date, use Device Manager to uninstall the WiFi card. Windows will catch that on a reboot and should re-install it.  As always, create a System Restore point and backup your computer before doing anything. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
fishingfool
Paper Tape
Views: 1,602
Message 3 of 9

I have had the same issue, when I come off sleep there is no network and I have to play with the adapter , this is another hardware issue with this machine.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,599
Message 4 of 9

@fishingfool wrote:
I have had the same issue, when I come off sleep there is no network and I have to play with the adapter , this is another hardware issue with this machine.

For your issue, there are some settings you can change or you can opt to switch to an Intel WiFi card. The latter seems to solve a lot of connection issues. 

First, download Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store, install and run. Let it look for and update drivers on your machine. This may be all it takes to solve your problem.  

If that doesn't solve it, use Device Manager. Find your WiFi device under Network Adapters. Right click on it and choose Properties. Under the Power Management tab, there's a box that says "Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power." Uncheck that. Reboot and see if that fixes the issue.

If not, Go to Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Edit Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > expand Wireless Adapter Settings > expand Power Saving Mode.  Choose "Medium Power Saving" or "Maximum Performance" for battery and "Maximum Performance" for plugged-in.

Let us know how it goes. 

fishingfool
Paper Tape
Views: 1,572
Message 5 of 9

Guys, Same thing here, once I installed the new release intel drivers this issue seems to be history as well, there is also a new wifi card driver out installed it as well.  thanks

Joms
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,531
Message 6 of 9

Happened to me too. Twice.

I have Lenovo Vantage, maybe a few weeks ago, it updated the wifi card and I lost wifi. Ended up having to system restore to prior the update.

I updated to the new Win10 update last night, update went on without a hitch...except for losing wifi again. So I reverted the update to gain wifi back.

I'll try Doctordon suggestion and update you guys if it works for me.

Thanks Doctordon!
unmarc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,412
Message 7 of 9

unmarc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,409
Message 8 of 9

""Find your WiFi device under Network Adapters.""
Thx but which of ther 10 is "My Wifi device"??
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,397
Message 9 of 9

Ten??  Screenshot, please.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors