Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdsl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,620
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 920's thunderbolt 3 port

Hi, I think I'm having some problem with my Yoga 920's thunderbolt port. I bought a StarTech thunderbolt 3 dock. When I first time plug in the dock, everything works fine the thunderbolt software pops up and ask me the authorized the new dock. And I click always trust this device. Then the windows crushed with a blue screen and a QR code on it. After 920 restarted, and I tried the dock again, it was identified as USB 3.1 hub but no USB connection. And when I tried to open the thunderbolt software, it shows me the following warning.Capture.JPG

I tried to update the driver, but the installer said it was all ready. And then I downloaded HWINFO64 to check, I could not find the thunderbolt 3 controller under the PCI-Express X4 BUS. Is that means my thunderbolt 3 port is broken? What should I do with this? Btw, when I plug in the thunderbolt 3 dock, the powersupply is also connected, and the dock also provide the power, two power supply input at the same time, will that be a reason of the crash which also burn the thunderbolt 3 controller? Thank you. HWINFO64.JPG

kdsl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,618
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 920's thunderbolt 3 port

Just tried USB 3.1 card reader, port's usb function works well. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors