Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csusie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 514
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 shut down and would not restart for 20 minutes

Recently on two occasions my Yoga 920 has shut down after I got up and was no longer using it.    I was not on line and and the laptop should have entered sleep mode.     Windows 10 pro.  

When I returned to the laptop, I could not restart it and on both occasions, the bottom felt extremely hot.  Not so hot that I couldn't touch it but much hotter than I've ever felt it before.  Certainly uncomfortablly hot if was sitting on your lap.

After about 20 minutes it restarted and ran normally.    It appears that some action is causing it to run and overheat.   During the period when i could not restart it, I unplugged it from power and noticed that the small led on the power button was blinking.   

I called Lenovo support after the second incident and have scheduled  to send it in for service.   I ran Lenovo Companion software and checked for updates but it says everything is current.

Just reporting in case anyone else has seen this.

Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 491
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 shut down and would not restart for 20 minutes

FWIW, Lenovo Companion has been replaced by Lenovo Vantage. Download and install that to check drivers, BIOS, etc.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
csusie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 488
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 shut down and would not restart for 20 minutes

When I hover my pointer over the Lenovo app in task bar, it says "Lenovo Companion", but when launched it does say Lenovo Vantage.    

It shows laptop is currently up to date on everything.

Thanks for checking!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors