Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egallego
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,911
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 speakers and Dolby Atmos

So the Yoga 920 has Dolby Atmos integrated, but I've read everywhere that is meant to be used with headphones and my laptop uses the Dolby Atmos with its own JBL speakers, it makes a big difference but I don't know if this is normal and I've noticed a tiny clicking noise when adjusting the volume on youtube and also in some other videos when a certain frequency is reproduced.

I don't know if its normal for the Yoga 920 to use Dolby Atmos for the speakers or something went wrong and it damaged the computer, the clicking noise comes from the earphones too so the JBL speakers can't be the problem.

In fact, I just noticed that there no difference in sound when Dolby Atmos is activated or deactivated when using the headphones, maybe the software got "confused" and think the speakers use Dolby and not the headphones.

I need a Yoga 920 owner to please listen to the intro of this youtube video and tell me if there's a clicking noise in those first 3 seconds to see if its normal or my audio is distorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVbH8tsxxyM&t=54s

Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,868
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 speakers and Dolby Atmos

Hi egallego,

Welcome to the community forums,

Have you tried updating the audio driver? If you haven't you may download the driver here. In case, still doing the same thing, we suggest bringing the laptop to our service center for further diagnosis and for repair options. Here are the lists of our service centers just filter it by country or city and look for a center that caters IdeaPad/Yoga series. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

egallego
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,861
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 speakers and Dolby Atmos

The latest drivers were already installed. So I decided to reset Windows 10 to factory settings and the speakers sound better now. Dolby Atmos was definitely distorting the sound, I just hope there's no damage done to the speakers.

Thanks.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors