Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llaarrss
Paper Tape
Views: 409
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 still going while idle

Hello! 

I have a Yoga 920 that will not go to sleep at night. When I close the lid, it goes into idle mode. But it is still alive and kicking! I noticed this when my Bluetooth headphones refused to connect to my phone, as they were already connected to the laptop. And when I got back home, I noticed that the laptop was connected to my home Wifi, even though the laptop was still lying in my backpack. Still in idle mode. So, both Bluetooth and Wifi are active even though the laptop is in idle mode. And yes, it drains the battery! The battery was fully charged at 5PM and even though the laptop had not been in use, it this moring had only 15% of juice left. 

Any ideas?

In the Device manager, the Bluetooth "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option is checked. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 394
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 still going while idle

@llaarrss

In the Device manager, the Bluetooth "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option is checked. 

Check to make sure the same is done for the WiFi adapter. 

If so, double check the lid closing settings under Settings > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Choose what closing the lid does.

Make sure all your drivers and the BIOS are up to date.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
TPham1948
Token Ring
Views: 355
Message 3 of 5

I agree it is a must to 'double check the lid closing settings under Settings > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Choose what closing the lid does'. And I hope that would resolve the OP's issue.

But I think the matter is a bit more than that, at least in my short experience with the 2 Yoga 920's that I have (one was returned due to too much problems and was unstable).

Here is what happened:

My current Yoga 920 is connected to a Lenovo Thunderbot 3 dock, which drives 2 external monitors. When I closed the lid, all monitors turned off. But as soon as I got up from my chair, the external monitors sprung to live with the log on screen. Gosh ! this is weird. So, I opened the lid, logged in, then waited until all start-up apps and processes finished, then I clicked Power > Sleep then closed the lid. Same thing happened. I thought about calling tech support. Perhaps it would be a waste of times and energy. The last time I called, tech support pointed finger rather than trying to help. I searched the net, nothing (perhaps I did not get the querry right).

Alternately, I resolved to , when plugged in to the dock, disable the laptop screen, and enabled one of the external monitor as main. The problem solved as far as the monitors are concerned. External monitors agreed to sleep with the laptop. Whow !

Although my issue is not the same as that of the OP, but it bear similarity in the title 'Yoga 920 still going while idle'

Best,

llaarrss
Paper Tape
Views: 364
Message 4 of 5

Thank you! Problem solved! Even though the settings for both Bluetooth and Wlan dictated that it should be turned off when the lid is closed, there were an option in the Power settings menu for network connection. This network setting overrides the other settings. What a bad solution! Anyway, problem solved, so we are moving along. 

gs20
Punch Card
Views: 73
Message 5 of 5

where are these settings btw in order to configure bluetooth, wlan and network. i am having these problems as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors