Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beurnii
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,800
Message 1 of 21

Yoga 920 touchpad jumpy

Hi,

So I have a Yoga 920, and I have a problem with the touchpad. 

If I want to do small adjument to the cursor, I need to move my finger past a little distance where the touchpad seems to not register the tracking.

And when I go far enough with my finger, the cursor jumps to the position where it would be if it would have start moving with my finger. After that, the cursor works great until I lift my finger and put it back on the touchpad, doing the same thing.

There is like a small buffer zone where the cursor would not move, maybe to prevent accidental touch, which is great, but the problem is with the little jump that the cursor do, it makes doing small adjusments really hard.

I can do (really) small circle with my finger and the cursor does not move at all.

I test this on a lot of other laptop, and none have the same problem.

Thanks for any help, please tell me if you have the same issue.

Beurnii

Sjiz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,676
Message 2 of 21

Re: Yoga 920 touchpad jumpy

Same here

Beurnii
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,661
Message 3 of 21

What is your screen resolution?
I have 4k
Sjiz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,658
Message 4 of 21

I'm not sure how this is relevant, but full hd. Also tried to change the touchpad's sensitivity, but didn't work.
Sjiz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,282
Message 5 of 21

Would it be possible to get some support as two customers who recently bought newly launched products for quite a steep price?

Sjiz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,235
Message 6 of 21

Eeks, this doesn't looks good on the Lenovo support team. Common, you can still restore some of your honor and get back to our question. YOU CAN DO IT!

If found this review quite striking by the way: https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/02/lenovo-yoga-910-review/

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,222
Message 7 of 21

FWIW, I have both the 910 and 920 and don't have the issues detailed here and in the article on either device. The fan on the 910 did run a lot in the beginning, though wasn't noisy. Once I located that issue and fixed it, the fan rarely ramps up, much. 

As for the touchpad being too sensitive, I can't say I've ever had that. I'd start with updating all the drivers and BIOS and, if that doesn't get it, uninstalling the touchpad then rebooting. Windows will see it and reinstall it. 

Then go to settings>devices>touchpad and monkey with the settings to see if you can find something amiss.

If THAT fails, then use OKR to put the machine back to its out-of-the-box condition to see if it's still happening. If not, carefully note each program  you reinstall to find which one messes it up. 

Wish I had more ideas, guys.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
andersmad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 900
Message 8 of 21

Anyone fund the solution to this problem? For me it happens when I move finger left or down - not up or right.. It's really frustrating - hope I don't have to RMA the whole thing.

Beurnii
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 892
Message 9 of 21

Me too

marbur
What's DOS?
Views: 850
Message 10 of 21

Me too

I have tried all the settings but no solution.

Anybody?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors