Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanFeldman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 896
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 920 wakes up from sleep mode with lid closed

Noticed that my Bluetooth headphones are connecting to the laptop while it's supposed to be sleeping with its lid closed.

All the settings are configured to put it in the sleep mode when lid is closed. Is there anything else that would cause the laptop to wake up?

Highlighted
chadyarbrough
Paper Tape
Views: 516
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 wakes up from sleep mode with lid closed

I'm still having this issue with the latest updates.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 503
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 920 wakes up from sleep mode with lid closed

First, make sure it IS going to sleep with the lid closed. Double check your power settings for lid closure:

• Press Windows Key + X.
  • Select on Control Panel.
  • Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Second, install Lenovo Vantage if you haven't, already, and run an update to make sure all your drivers and BIOS are up to date.

If there's no change with the above two, then it's time to narrow down what's waking it up. 

Open an elevated command prompt (Win-X, "command prompt (admin)')

Enter powercfg -lastwake

That shoud tell you the most recent thing that woke the computer. 

If not, enter: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

This will give you a list of things that can wake the computer.

In Device Manager (Win-X, Device Manager) find those things, right click on them and choose "Properties." In the Power Management tab for each, untick the box that says "allow this device to wake the computer." 

If it's still waking up on its own, then further investigation may be necessary, starting with removing the latest Windows Update.

Let us know how you fare.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors