Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SupportDad
Paper Tape
Views: 533
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 will not power up

Three month old Yoga 920 will no longer power up. Charging indicator is solid white while plugged in but when hitting the power button, the power light turns on for about 5 seconds before it goes out. Screen never illuminates. Tried two static discharges with no success. Need this laptop working ASAP for daughter in school. Any suggestions before I call Lenovo who will most likely ask me to send it in?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 505
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 will not power up

Use a paper clip to try to start the computer with the NOVO button. Let us know what happens. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
SupportDad
Paper Tape
Views: 486
Message 3 of 4

Had her try the NOVO button w/a paper clip and nothing. She did say the bottom is starting to feel warm but that the power light is not on and nothing shows on the screen.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 482
Message 4 of 4

If the NOVO button won't do anything, then it's not posting, for some reason. You're not hearing any beeps, correct? Caps Lock won't illuminate during the short time the power light is lit, correct? 

The bottom will always feel warm with the AC adapter connected. 

Might give it one more go with the static discharge, making sure to hold the power button in a full minute after the light goes out. But I'm afraid it's going to have to be serviced. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors