Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovorn
Paper Tape
Views: 359
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 wired headphones not recognized

Win 10 and all Lenovo bios and drivers updated

Headphone pretty much functions but not recognized by the system such that System Sounds does not show headphones (2 diff which both "register on a Lenovo Lavie Z).  As is returnable would like input to determine if the headphone should be recognized??

Thanks in advance

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 323
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 wired headphones not recognized

The audio jack switching is handled by the hardware. Since it only does headphones and mono microphones, there's no need in Windows getting involved. See this post

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
lenovorn
Paper Tape
Views: 319
Message 3 of 5

thanks 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 313
Message 4 of 5

Yeah, not having the ability to switch to "line in" can be a bit of a problem for the few of us that could use that. Luckily, outboard USB sound cards that do everything are relatively cheap. My work is professional, so I have a microphone going into a mic processor that feeds a Focusrite USB audio box that plugs into the USB port of the computer. I switch Audition to the Focusrite whenever I'm recording and everything's pretty flawless. Well, except the talent Smiley Very Happy

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
lenovorn
Paper Tape
Views: 311
Message 5 of 5

thanks and talent well that's a matter of opinion - keep on keepin on as they used to say - I'm headed to the store today as its only 4 days old and well within the return/replace with both laptops and couple headsets - lets see

BTW Lenovo tech seemed to think that after playin around (remote) I sould take it to Geek...  Appears to me that they thought it was not right - hey who am I to argue

Have a great day and what ever your milage may differ

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors