cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gs20
Punch Card
Views: 1,120
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 920 with Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Graphics Dock (G0A1)

Hello just got both laptop and dock today. I tried to set the dock up but I have had no luck. I downloaded the driver and firmware for dock and attempted initially to install the firmware but the cmd window was closing without rebooting the pc as expected. I then tried to install the graphics dock driver and then connecting the dock. This did not work as well. Out of ideas does anybody know of a trick or sequence of steps to get instalation completed ?

Let me mention that the laptop is pretty current in drivers. Lenovo drivers has been updated using the Lenovo Vantage app and also windows 10 is current with latest and greatest.

Your help and support is appreciated

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,096
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 920 with Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Graphics Dock (G0A1)

Are you sure it is compatible?  Did you buy the dock from Lenovo?  I had thought they weren't selling it now.  When I read the blurb about it, it was supposedly compatible with the 720S

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
gs20
Punch Card
Views: 1,067
Message 3 of 7

Really? I mean as far as I can see lenovo sells it from the site, a bunch of sellers have it in stock. Its a new product.

But I wasnt sure that its really only one PC supported? wow! I saw a few amazon reviews including other laptop models. I guess I assumed since its built from the mothership it would by definition support at least their newer models (what else would they be testing with right ??? wrong ...)

Anyway I hope there is a secret sauce, some step that I am not doing right.

Thanks for the reply richk !!
lazmo88
Paper Tape
Views: 986
Message 4 of 7

This is very sad act from Lenovo IMHO... They release the additional hardware for mid-range product series and skips their latest flagship??? 

As far as I remember the Graphics Dock was especially presented together with 920 in 2017 prior launch... 

gs20
Punch Card
Views: 962
Message 5 of 7

Couldn't agree more !! Driver is from january. Its already half a year later and no progress. I want to keep it, I have tried everything short of writing my own driver. Saaaad !!! I am out of ideas and have to return it. Both products are spanking new and yet incompatible. Makes no sense .... Why would they bother making it in the first place. 

arudlang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 129
Message 6 of 7

As of mid-January 2019 can confirm the 920 still does not work with the graphics dock. I've spent hours downloading all the latest drivers and updates from lenovo for the 920 and trying both lenovo's older driver for the dock and the updated nvidia driver for the 1050 in the dock with no success. Very disapointed. I understand the dock being released a year ago with INTIALLY only support for one machine, I figured by now it should work with many more but its almost like they are abandoning it. 

arudlang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 76
Message 7 of 7

Got it mostly working on two computers now, for details please see my post over here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/YOGA-92013IKB-and-lenovo-Graphics-Dock/m-p...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors