03-04-2014

United States of America

17 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 930 battery life in sleep mode

2019-08-06, 21:01 PM

I just purchased a base-model Yoga 930 for my wife. I've only added a couple of things - new browsers plus a free office productivity package. I put it to sleep and was surprised that after a week of it being unplugged and in sleep mode, it was completely dead - battery at 0%. I charged it up again, then put it to sleep, and after one day of sleeping, the battery was down to 90%. I'm assuming that this isn't normal. Should I request a repair?

Options

736 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 930 battery life in sleep mode

2020-01-03, 15:55 PM

Hi ,

Apologies for the late reply.

If you put your PC into sleep mode and happen not to use if for a few days as it still draws a small amount of power, the battery will simply deplete, your work will be saved, and the PC will shut down.

You may want to set it to hibernate instead of sleep mode. Hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows, hibernation uses the least amount of power.

See this link for reference.

Thanks!

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms