Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book C930
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

04-06-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 8

Yoga Book C930 E-Ink Notes not working after sync with OneNote

2021-02-10, 20:30 PM

Updated C930 e-ink application to 1.4.0.44, and now the e-ink notes application stops working after choosing to sync it with OneNote. Tapping on the e-note icon on the e-ink screen simply flashes the screen back to the keyboard layout.

Options

1818 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

111 Signins

10490 Page Views

• Views: 10490
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Yoga Book C930 E-Ink Notes not working after sync with OneNote

2021-02-10, 20:40 PM

Hello alive_awakened,

Greetings.

Please check if powering the machine off and then checking for Outlook update helps.

Try to check if other softwares are working to isolate.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

10 Posts

04-06-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-02-10, 21:09 PM

Already tried that. :-) Last time after reboot the e-Ink application worked again, but the sync with OneNote feature was set back to NO. When I set it back to YES, the E-Ink Notes application reverted to the unusual behavior (switching back to the keyboard layout). Now that I've rebooted without doing anything else the app is working again and it appears to indicate the Default notebook is still syncing with OneNote.

I'm in the process of updating Office and once it's done I'll let the desktop OneNote fully sync and try again.

Current OneNote info:

* Desktop Version 2101 (Build 13628.20274, Current Channel (Preview)) - "Microsoft 365" version

* OneNote for Windows 10 also installed (Version 16001.13530.20030.0)

Options

10 Posts

04-06-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-02-10, 21:25 PM

Update: I am back in the e-ink notes app.

• Tap to create a new note.
  • In the new note, tap on the gear in the upper right to show settings, then tap on "Settings..."
  • Tap on "Enable syncing of all notes to OneNote"
  • E-ink screen switches to keyboard and Microsoft sign-in dialog appears on color screen.
  • Put in email address to log into MS account.
  • Given EInkNote window with "Select your OneNote notebook", select my main notebook ("Steven's Notebook"), then tap "OK"
  • E-ink screen returns to note application with dialog that says, "OneNote has logged out, note auto upload function has been turned off. Do you want to log in again?"
  • Tapped "Log in".
  • MS Account log in appears AGAIN on the color screen, and I repeat the log in process. This time, the login dialog goes away after entering my address and there is no further prompting.
  • Switching after this to the e-ink notes application shows a brief "Failed to log into OneNote" message but stays on the notetaking screen.
  • Go back to home screen, select ". . ." next to default notebook, and tap "Sync to OneNote"
  • Tap to go back to keyboard.
  • Tap to go back to notes. I get the dialog "Log in to OneNote and sync all notes?"
  • I tap "Don't ask again," then "Log in"
  • I get the MS Account login dialog on the color screen again and tap on my account to log in.
  • I'm again presented with "Select your OneNote notebook" screen, tap on my personal notebook, and tap OK.
  • E-Ink screen switches to notes, brief "Logged into OneNote" message, but then dialog pops up saying "OneNote has been logged out, note auto upload function has been turned off. Do you want to log in again?"

The above process repeats in a cycle and never syncs notes with OneNote. Appears you have a bug in your application. Short, of course, of just opening OneNote itself on the e-ink display (set as display screen) and working directly in OneNote. 

Options

10 Posts

04-06-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-02-20, 20:50 PM

No go on your recommendation. Everything works fine until I sign into OneNote from the e-Ink Notes application, then it crashes back to the keyboard display, and any subsequent tap on the notes icon briefly flashes the screen and goes back to the keyboard.

Options

3 Posts

03-01-2021

China

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-03-03, 2:36 AM

Hi @ alive_awakened

Are you using the OneNote business account or school account to login? There will be issue if you are using business or school.

Thanks.

Options

10 Posts

04-06-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-03-03, 13:30 PM

It's a personal account. 

Options

10 Posts

04-06-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-03-09, 20:19 PM

I did a complete reset of the laptop and reinstalled the e-Ink apps, but the e-ink note taker still crashes once it's signed into OneNote for syncing and does not work until it's signed out. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms