03-16-2017

US

6 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga Book (Windows) Keeps Reorienting Incorrectly in Full-Screen Mode

2017-03-16, 3:43 AM

This has been happening the last two days. I'll go watch a YouTube video in laptop mode and the screen will rotate so it'll be upside down when it goes full-screen. It does the same thing in tablet mode as well. I'm pretty sure everything is up to date and I've restarted the device, but the issue still persists. Even with Rotation Lock on, it'll still rotate. I haven't seen others with this issue which brings me here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options

2953 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga Book (Windows) Keeps Reorienting Incorrectly in Full-Screen Mode

2017-03-16, 12:10 PM

Hello LK4

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

For some reason,(probably just me) I can`t seem to imagine the issue you described, any chance you are able to get some pictures of this?

Make sure that you download the Video and Chipset drivers for the unit from the support page if there are any.

Make sure to reboot after the update.

Also, try to run a LSC scan, see if this can find something for you.

1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

3 Posts

03-16-2017

US

6 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2017-03-16, 17:39 PM

Thank you for responding. And yes, it's quite unusual. I took some screenshots to show what happens. Oddly enough, when I take a screenshot while the display is inverted, the screenshot doesn't show it. It looks normal. I had to take a picture with my phone to show it. I didn't see any drivers for what you suggested for this device, so I'll try downloading the help center instead and see if it finds anything. Unfortunately, the screenshot was over ten megabytes. But I can show you just before it went full-screen as it captured the inversion. 

Options

3 Posts

03-16-2017

US

6 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2017-03-16, 19:28 PM

I did the full scan. Everything is apparently fine. I guess I'll try calling the helpline. 

Options

2 Posts

03-21-2017

US

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-03-21, 9:46 AM

Hello, I am having this same full screen video rotation issue with my lenovo yoga book. How were you able to resolve it? I'm running Windows 10. Thanks.

Options

38 Posts

12-16-2016

US

57 Signins

483 Page Views

• Views: 483
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-03-22, 12:59 PM

I believe this thread will help you! https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Yoga-Book-Snapping-apps-in-tablet-mode/m-p/3552925#M7699

Basically, update monitor driver in device manager, and then you'll probably have to fix a thing in regedit. Your problem sounds just like what I was having, and the solution is there.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save