Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GS-LBS
What's DOS?
Views: 2,999
Message 1 of 6

Yoga C630 WOS Pen Support

Which pen does the C630 WOS sold in the US at Best Buy support? I have a Lenovo Active Pen 2 that came with my Yoga 920 and it doesn't work. I also have a Thinkpad Active Pen that I use with my Yoga 720 15.6 and it also doesn't work. I paired the Active Pen 2 via Bluetooth, so I can launch the Windows Ink Workspace with the top button, but the screen itself does not register the pen.

GS-LBS
What's DOS?
Views: 2,839
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga C630 WOS Pen Support

I found out from a Lenovo product expert that the device only supports pens that support MPP - Microsoft Pen Protocol. So the Lenovo Active Pens do not work. You can use Surface Pens though. I have confirmed that Surface Pens work with my unit. If I find another brand of pen, I will update the post.

ghirsh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,817
Message 3 of 6

You're lucky.  The Lenovo support person I spoke to insited that my Active Pen 2 and Active Pen were both defective.  It was only after I posted a negative review about the C630 that the Lenovo Product Experet responded to tell me that Lenovo Active Pens are not compatible.  

bvader_ttp
What's DOS?
Views: 2,762
Message 4 of 6

Yeah, I've had the same issue. I contacted sales, 3 times, each one giving me a different pen suggestion each time. I tweeted @lenovo and was advised that the Lenovo Active Pen was the one for it, only to get it and have it fail to work. It works on the laptop I'm replacing (Yoga 14), but not on my new C630 WOS. After watching a reviewer use a new surface pen on it I decided to go that route. I ended up buying the Ciscle Digital Stylus on Amazon that was compatible with the new Surface Pro. It works great, and I'm pretty happy with the inking experience overall.

However, I'd really like a Lenovo branded pen. I try and use the manufacturers acessories, it's just easier (uasually) that way.

On a side note, anytime I've contacted support they seem utterly clueless about this device. I've watched them uninstall and reinstall Lenovo Vantage at least a dozen times. I also watched one support tech try and install an x64 diagnostics utility (that the website automatically detected was correct for my machine). It's just a little frustrating...

Brunowg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,750
Message 5 of 6

I tried a surface pen and it didn't work well. Drawing and writing left gaps in the lines. I bought a Bamboo Ink and it works perfectly.

JHWa730
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,350
Message 6 of 6

Interesting, I have a Bamboo Ink and cannot get it to work with my C630. In fact, it will connect in bluetooth for a second then disconnect. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors