US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga C630 WOS edition not going to sleep

2020-08-17, 0:09 AM

Hello,

I have a Yoga C630 WOS (the one with the ARM chip) and it isn't going to sleep. When I shut the lid, press the power key, or leave it for long enough that it should sleep, it continues to consume battery, and the backlit keyboard stays on. I tried adjusting the power settings in Windows, but it doesn't seen to have any effect. Any ideas?

Options

865 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

106 Signins

4986 Page Views

• Views: 4986
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Yoga C630 WOS edition not going to sleep

2020-08-17, 10:46 AM

@ miked990890 wrote:

Hello,

I have a Yoga C630 WOS (the one with the ARM chip) and it isn't going to sleep. When I shut the lid, press the power key, or leave it for long enough that it should sleep, it continues to consume battery, and the backlit keyboard stays on. I tried adjusting the power settings in Windows, but it doesn't seen to have any effect. Any ideas?

Hello miked990890,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

A laptop still consuming battery while asleep is normal, just at a very low rate compared to normal. The backlit keyboard might be something you have to turn off through the program that controls it, as keyboards and mice are usually not "turned off" when sleep is initiated, as these are mainly used to wake the computer back up. 

If it does stay completely awake however, I would check the "Power Management" tab in the properties sections for your WLAN and other devices that have the capability to "wake" the computer. This might be keeping the computer from going to sleep. You can also have a "Power Plan" bug as I have seen happen before. Try to make a new one in the "Power Option" settings of your device to see if the settings will now properly be followed.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

08-16-2020

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-08-17, 11:59 AM

It isn't going to sleep at all right now. The power button stays illuminated (instead of going to the slow-blink mode) and when I run powercfg -a, it says that S1, S2, and S3 modes are disabled because "The system firmware does not support this standby state." Is there a way to manually update (or roll back) the firmware? 

Options

1 Posts

07-24-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-17, 1:45 AM

Hello, I am curious if you were able to resolve this issue as I am having the same problem.  Please let me know, thank you 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete