01-20-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga C740-14IML Second USB-C port not working

2020-01-20, 16:58 PM

I purchased my Yoga C740-14IML Laptop in January 2020. Since I used a separate keyboard (USB), a second monitor (HDMI), and a mouse (USB), I purchased an ANKER USB-C hub. This did work through my second USB-C port (not the power port) unti I updated the BIOS. I believe at this point that port stopped working. When the hub is connected to that port, none of my peripherals are recognized or operate. It does work when plugged into the power USB-C port, which is great, but I still need to charge my laptop, and this is not a charge-through hub (also, one of the ports should simply not work). I contacted Lenovo customer care, who told me to do a factory reset or send it to one of the service centers. I'd rather do the latter, since I have one close to my office, but I was hoping to avoid both of those options if possible. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date. I'm simply baffled that this happened with my new machine. Any help would be appreciated.

MOD: Added model to title

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga C740-14IML Second USB-C port not working

2020-01-20, 18:27 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried connecting a different device on the second Type C USB port to further isolate the problem? Have you tried using a different cable or connect a different USB- C Hub? What is the Windows version that you have right now? 

Try updating the Intel Chipset. You may download the updated Chipset from our Support Website

Update us how it goes.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

0 Posts

01-20-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga C740-14IML Second USB-C port not working

2020-01-21, 1:35 AM

Thank you. I do not have any native USB-C peripherals, so I cannot test it that way at the moment. I can confirm that the hub was working before using this port.

I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1903.

I previously updated the Intel Chipset and just did it again. It did not help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save