cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesj414
Paper Tape
Views: 4,224
Message 1 of 16

Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start"

Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB, 64 bit, Windows 10 Home.  I'm having a lot of troube with the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 device.  At first wifi went out intermittently when I would change from school to home wireless.  When it went out, it would not even show nearby wireless networks.  Tried restart, network reset, updating drivers, troubleshooting, and everntually did a full system restore, files and everything.  This worked for a day, then same problem.  Just did another full reset, files and everything, but wireless is not working.  Device manager shows: "device can not start."  Troubleshooters can not fix the problem.  Please, any help?  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,191
Message 2 of 16

Re: Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start&quot

Which Windows version are you running, 1803 or 1809?

Is everything, including the BIOS, up to date? Run Vantage if you haven't.

Perform a clean boot so you can shut off things such as 3rd-party AntiVirus programs. See if it still happens.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
wesj414
Paper Tape
Views: 4,166
Message 3 of 16

Re: Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start&

Updated BIOS and the driver is currently working!! Thank you!!

wesj414
Paper Tape
Views: 4,115
Message 4 of 16

Re: Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start&quot

Hey so having same issues again. Everything is factory settings, using mozilla. Bios is updated, everything is updated, running Windows 1803. Was working for a week after bios update.

Happened before and happened now on campus WiFi in specific classroom. Was connected to campus WiFi outside classroom, as soon as I go in to classroom and open laptop, same error messages. Trouble with driver, driver can not start, etc. Basically laptop won’t even show nearby networks. Not sure what else to do. Might have something to do with campus WiFi, but I can connect to the campus WiFi outside the classroom, just not inside, and nothing changes with WiFi or sign on outside vs inside the classroom, is same WiFi. No one else having any problems connecting. Routers in every classroom and phone is connected so not signal strength. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,093
Message 5 of 16

Re: Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start&

Have you considered updating to Windows 10's latest 1809 version?    I never want to be the first to update to the latest Windows release, but once it has been out a bit it is a good idea to do so, since Intel and other vendors will be writing their drivers to be compatible with the latest version.

What WiFi driver version are you currently running?     (Right-click Start, select Device Manager, expand Network Adapters, right click on the Intel AC-9260, select Properties and then click the Driver Tab)

The latest version on Lenovo's site is 20.60.0 from August 2018, but Intel recently released an updated driver for the AC 9260 that fixes the problems listed below, which seem to be similar to what you are seeing.   

Here is a link to Intel's page for that driver, just make sure to download the 64bit version (bottom choice).

The latest driver is Version 20.120.0.4  Dated: 2/5/2019

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28241/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

Capture.JPG.

Rfgdeleeuw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,065
Message 6 of 16

Hi there. I have the same issue with my Yoga C930. Updated the BIOS, updated the wireless adapter's drivers: no solutions. It's very frustrating.

I do have a 'band-aid solution' to get it working temporarily again though (took me some time to figure this out). Again: this is not the solution to fix the problem structurally and I'd be happy to learn if someone has a proper solution.

Quick fix:

- Go to 'device manager' (press 'windows key' and search)

- Under 'network adapters' find Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9260

- Right click 'uninstall device'

- Check the box 'delete the driver software for this device'

- Don't reboot (!), but shut-down

- Start up your system and you'll have a clean install

Note:

- All your stores WIFI passwords are gone. 

- This 'hack' usally works for anywhere between 1 and 4 weeks for me.

Still trying to understand what the issue is. More specifically, the solution. What a mess.

Rfgdeleeuw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,063
Message 7 of 16

Micro update:

- Even though I updated the wireless drivers though some way, using the provided link (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html) allowed Intel to show me that I could upgrade my AC 9260 and Bluetooth drivers nonetheless. Gonna do that now and see what happens.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,888
Message 8 of 16

Hi there!

I have the same issue with my Yoga C930. After 2-4 days I get code 10 error message and the Wifi adapter stops working. Drivers and BIOS are the newest. Its very frustrating from a device like C930...

Thanks!

Rfgdeleeuw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,879
Message 9 of 16

Since the driver update I haven't had any problems though. However, it's too short to tell as I usually have problems every 1/3 weeks. Perhaps give that a try (see link in the thread)

patriciadavis25
Paper Tape
Views: 1,529
Message 10 of 16

Re: Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.  My laptop is less than a year old.  I bought this one because my other one is not working due to a bad chip.  I searched the knowledge base and turned up no results.  Is there a fix that anyone has?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors