cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesj414
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 1 of 2

Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start"

Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB, 64 bit, Windows 10 Home, 1803.  I'm having a lot of troube with the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 device.  At first wifi went out intermittently when I would change from school to home WiFi, or go into specific classroom on campus WiFi.  When it went out, it would not even show nearby wireless networks.  Tried restart, network reset, updating drivers, troubleshooting, and everntually did a full system restore, files and everything.  This worked for a day, then same problem.  Just did another full reset, files and everything, but wireless is not working.  Device manager shows: "device can not start."  Troubleshooters can not fix the problem.  Please, any help??

Update: BIOS update worked for a week, now same problem. 

Hey so having same issues again. Everything is factory settings, using mozilla. Bios is updated, everything is updated, running Windows 1803. Was working for a week after bios update.

Happened before and happened now on campus WiFi in specific classroom. Was connected to campus WiFi outside classroom, as soon as I go in to classroom and open laptop, same error messages. Trouble with driver, driver can not start, etc. Basically laptop won’t even show nearby networks. Not sure what else to do. Might have something to do with campus WiFi, but I can connect to the campus WiFi outside the classroom, just not inside, and nothing changes with WiFi or sign on outside vs inside the classroom, is same WiFi. No one else having any problems connecting. Routers in every classroom and phone is connected so not signal strength. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 207
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga C930-13IKB - Intel Wireless-AC 9260 - device manager shows: "device can not start&quot

It'll be easier to keep all of the information to just the one thread you started earlier: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-C930-13IKB-Intel-Wireless-AC-9260-dev...

Anyone with a suggestion, please click the link and reply there. 

I've removed the solution checkmark and I'm closing this thread since it's redundant. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors