09-19-2020

US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga C930 BSODs and "Missing Boot Device" errors

2020-09-19, 22:03 PM

I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 I got refurbished from BestBuy and it started throwing blue screens and, once in a while the "missing boot device" error. I just came back from a trip (meaning the laptop was in a bag for quite a bit of the time, being moved around) and it has gotten waaay worse, it probably restarted itself 5 or 6 times before I could even load this page. I have dumps of the system and app logs based on the above instructions, would someone be so kind as to look at them if I send them over? Is it worth opening the machine and securing the SSD, or maybe even replacing the SSD altogether? Thank you all!!

MOD: Post moved to new thread as the thread it was attached to was for a different model and possibly different issue. -Doc

Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

79 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Yoga C930 BSODs and "Missing Boot Device" errors

2020-09-22, 9:02 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

It sounds like the harddisk isnt 100% connected, and therefor the connection is throwing off once in a while, i would open it up, and doublecheck, as the first thing.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

07-22-2020

FR

7 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-22, 10:49 AM

I had this issue on my Yoga 910. I had it initially when I bought it, reinstalled windows which not helped and the problem dissapeared after a while on its own.  Re-seating the SSD did not help.

Then after 2 years of intense daily use it started getting the BSOD again followed by the boot media not found. I was in India that time going from an air conditioned hotel room to an non airconditioned place.  The screen would almost develop condensation, anyway as a desperate move as I was abroad  and needed my laptop for work I pulled the SSD and reinstalled it.  Problem has never returned since.

Options

2 Posts

09-19-2020

US

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-22, 11:10 AM

Thank you, I ordered a T5 Torx screwdriver and might try to re-seat the SSD. However, in the meantime, I ran chkdsk consecutively with these options and haven't seen the problem since: "/f", followed by "/f /r" and finally "/f /sdcleanup". As a result, Outlook stopped working properly (it was unable to show the bodies of messages and the box for entering the body of a new message was disabled). I reinstalled Outlook and Office and so far so good. Maybe bad sectors were to blame? 

In any case, I will also pull out and reinstall the SSD when I get the T5 screwdriver.

Thank you!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete